Hyppia
Lizarazu
Hamann
Zidane
Berger
Recoba
Owen
Heskey/Fowler

Subs: Zidanesbestmate (to keep Zidane happy), Gerard, Camara, Smicer, Henchoz.

What do you think? The 3 players we haven't already got have all been linked with us(even Recoba according to my mate in Milan), so that team could well be a possibility next season. Not a bad team eh? Got a feeling that next season will see the return of our domination of English football after having a little rest for 10 years, so Man Utd fans enjoy your success this season while it lasts. Cause it won't last much longer... ;)

[This message has been edited by SkyLight (edited 14-04-2000).]

[This message has been edited by SkyLight (edited 14-04-2000).]

M

·
0 Posts
Why is Gerard on the bench??? He's your FUTURE! Both Liverpool's and England's.

And you can take your grubby hands off Recoba!!! He's going NOWHERE!!!

Only having 2 english players in the starting eleven is a nice touch, though :)

FORZA RECOBA

X

·
0 Posts
westerfeld

babbel-hyypia-henchoz-thatcher?

smicer-gerard-hamann-berger

heskey-fowler

subs :eek:wen,espen johnsen?-matteo-redders-partridge

·
Registered
662 Posts
Although I'm no Liverpool fan its still good that they're finding their form again. Afterall its only good for English football. Oh and I just have to say that I hope next season a Man United Liverpool match will be one of the best matches in Europe.
Only time will tell which will become the stronger team. :)

------------------
-=KilledInAction=-

X

·
0 Posts
hey sergi said he has denied he is keen to got o deportivo!!!!!! :D
so guys..u could add him to the probable team if u wanna to!! :D:O

C

·
0 Posts
Sky light ,
I can't believe you have left out Henchoz out of your team , he is a great partner to Sammi and they are a pair rather than 2 centre halfs .
As for Bixie , ZZ and Recoba may be we can dream but who knows ???? for now but
Sander
Babble
Henchoz
Sammi
Dom
Hamann
Gerrard
Smicer
Berger
Owen
Fowler
Subs; Heskey
Redders
Thomo
Heggem
Camara
it's an attacking bench , isn't it ?

D

·
0 Posts
Houllier dismissed reports that Liverpool is set to offer Barcelona 6 million pounds for Spanish international defender Sergi.
``There is absolutely nothing in this,'' Houllier told Liverpool's official Web site. ``He is not coming here.''

X

·
0 Posts
robinson..who is the chairman or prez ..on the opposite said sergi is almost liverpool bound!!!;D

D

·
0 Posts
I am a bit surprised that Jamie Redknapp appears only once in your proposed teams. I was in England during 1998-1999 and I thought at the time Jamie was a key player.

Is he running through a bad patch this season ???

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
yeaa, liverpool are going to be international team like chelsea :(
but it's okay for me as long as they can proove me with their achievement!

xax, which team is the best right now in the world? ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Even if Pool don't get Sergi or Lizarazu, there will definitely be a world class left back coming in next season. With Babbel on the right, either Song or Heggem need to be sold. Hmm... Both are versatile, so I am not sure who should go. And what about Smicer? He is always injured and has not been consistent, and is a not EU player. I think he should be sold and a world class right winger should be brought in. How about Ronald De Boer (unhappy in Barca.), Robert Pires, or Marco Reich?

Next year
Heseky/Owen/Fowler
Berger Hamman Gerrard Pires
Sergi Hechoz Hyppia Babbel
Westerveld
What a team!

S

·
0 Posts
Judging by all your replies it seems that we all believe we're gonna be back in business next season (i think so to). Though i don't think we're gonna win the Champions league, i think we might surprise a few people and hopefully we'll win either the FA cup or EPL. We've got a good young team and team spirit seems very high - with a few more quality players added to our squad this summer, we're gonna be very difficult to beat next year. I see the start of a great new era for Liverpool. Man Utd watch your back, cause we're coming... ;)

X

·
0 Posts
ok my personal opinion is that we "might " be serious challengers for the title...but only if we are as consistent as we've been in the last 20 matches or so...
we're not allowed o lose virtually any games!
man u lost only 3 this season!that's incredible!!ok they've got TONS AND TONS of luck with them....

anyway bodat ..i don't think liverpool will become like chelsea...
but it saddens me to hear some really outstanding gd youngsters leaving
after effion jones..now the turn of murphy..a very talented centre-half .....

bodat to yr other question...i would dare to say man u, juv and of course liverpool are the best teams in term of form..and squad as well..
barca ,lazio, real madrid all have impressive squads..but they all have a weakness at the back!even frank de boer is very outta form and is making big mistakes there at barca!

about SMICER..i still have a lot of trust in this guy...u should be comprehensive cos he;s never been able to prove his potential cos he's just been injured so often!everytime he is fit..another injury lurks around the corner!!that's real unfair! :( ..as winger he is probably better in terms of skills and collective tactics...his only weakness is his defensive ability and shot which is too weak...

pires would be a gd buy..he's a left winger and can play as playmaker as wel...but the latest news is that he doesn't wanna leave OM

what we need is a left back and left winger...also a goalie for back-up to westerfeld..

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
(I think we should give Smicer another year to prove himself.I experienced the same thing with Amoroso at Parma this year...he was lawyas injured but now that he is fit,he plays fantastic! I have two names for Liverpool next year,coincidence? all three play for Wimbledon...Neill sullivan (for FREE for God's shake!),Ben Thatcher (I want,I want,I want Matto to start next year,or at least have a chance!) and Michael Hughes (have you seen this guy play? I D E A L bacvk up for Paddy,plus he will be cheap since he had a rift with Olsen)

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
The problem is that Sullivan will know that he will be second choice so will not come.

Davag - Redders is very injury prone and the pool has done so well without him. Gerrad has been the find of the season and Didi has endered himself to the fans.

My team.

Westerveld
Babbel
Henchoz
Hypia
Sergi/Matteo
Smicer
Didi
Gerrad
Berger
Owen
Heskey

Subs

Carragher
Fowler
Titi
Redders
G.k (I have no idea, maybe Simonsen from Everton).

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

1 - 17 of 17 Posts