Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valencia has many class players currently at the club. They just crashed out of the UEFA cup against a weak club, and sit tied for 7th with Espanyol. Also, on skysports there are rumors of Raineri being on the brink of being sacked.

If the current turbulent conditions persist, do you think we will see some of their best players head for greener pastures?

Also do you think that Liverpool have a chance of nicking any of them? I' m sure Vicente, Ayala, Marchena, Aimar, Mista and Baraja have good memories of playing under Rafa?

I'm particularly interested in Marchena(replacement for Hyppia ) and Vicente(replacement for Kewell), I think these two players would really fit in well in Liverpools long term plans.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Vicente has said time and time again he will not leave Valencia, and has turned down big-money offers for Madrid and other teams. Same goes for Roberto Ayala.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Skipper Gerrard said:
Valencia has many class players currently at the club. They just crashed out of the UEFA cup against a weak club, and sit tied for 7th with Espanyol. Also, on skysports there are rumors of Raineri being on the brink of being sacked.

If the current turbulent conditions persist, do you think we will see some of their best players head for greener pastures?

Also do you think that Liverpool have a chance of nicking any of them? I' m sure Vicente, Ayala, Marchena, Aimar, Mista and Baraja have good memories of playing under Rafa?

I'm particularly interested in Marchena(replacement for Hyppia ) and Vicente(replacement for Kewell), I think these two players would really fit in well in Liverpools long term plans.
I don't expect a massive departure. Now that they're out of UEFA Cup and Ranieri will be fired, the team will focus all their effort in La Liga and I don't rule them out of the fight for bring in the CL next year.

Vicente won't leave since, he renewed his contract early in the season and he has a good contract now. He's also a symbol there, if Soler (their president) sells Vicente, the fans would burn Mestalla. Also Marchena renewed few days ago, so he won't leave either. I don't think that Ayala will go anywhere, considering his age.

I have more doubts about Baraja and Aimar. It seems that Barça is interested in Baraja, we've tried to sign him several times lately and I guess that he'll leave depending on the price that Valencia sets for him.
Aimar could leave, because he already said that he's not happy, although I guess that it depends on who's the next coach. If finally Koeman (not me, the real one :D) trains Valencia, I guess that he'll try to convince him to stay in the team. Aimar is sick of the "italianization" of Valencia. We'll see what happens in the next few months.

I think that Valencia will sell some of their Italians, especially Fiore and Corradi, who have failed here.

Anyway, I don't expect a massive departure. Valencia has solved their economic and financial problems selling the lands of Mestalla to play in a public stadium in 3 or 4 years. So they are not pressured to sell.

On the other hand, I think that it all depends on the prices, but as I've said, they won't be cheap since they don't have the pressure to sell.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I find it cute that people believe that a player signing a contract means he won't move :)

·
Registered
402 Posts
I think they should get rid of Ranieri and all the players he brought spare Di Vaio and they'll be a top team again, the players can't have lost all their faith in the team yet, they just don't like the new Italian camp taking over.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Zaccheroni is still available...

Someone takes over... stabilises the situation for another 2 months.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
dubh-ban said:
I find it cute that people believe that a player signing a contract means he won't move :)
Well, in the 2 cases that I mentioned (Vicente and Marchena), I can tell you that it's for sure.

Anyway, it would be very strange to see Marchena renewing for his club in February to leave in June. It's silly, because his price is bigger now. The same goes for Vicente, he finished his contract in one year and a half, why would he renew if he had the intention to leave the club?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ranieri was a decent enough manager at Chelsea but it never impresses me when a manager signs players exclusively from his country of birth.

Managers nowadays should have a knowledge fo players from all over Europe and the world. Ranieri could have signed better players with his money than Fiore, Morretti, Di Vaio and Corradi.

I wouldn't be surprised if Benitez tried to sign some of Valencia's players as he is another manager who seems to favour players from Spain over other nationalities.

However I don't think that Valencia's best players would see it as such a step up to go to Liverpool, especially if a new manager is brought in and does well.

Maybe Valencia will consider Ronald Koeman who was sacked by Ajax?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wouldn't make much sense to sack a manager over bad league form and UEFA Cup exit and then hire another one who was sacked from his previous club for the same reason, but I guess anything's better than Ranieri.

·
Registered
533 Posts
well it's different for Koeman because honestly the current Ajax squad is nothing compared to Valencias. Van Der Vaart seems to be the only quality player left, while Valancias team is starstudded. I think Koeman in Valencia would be great since he'd play the Ajax system which Aimar would fit perfectly in but the Italians would be sent home ASAP I think.

Ranieri really messed Valencia up, time to go back to seria A for Claudio.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Trip Fontaine said:
Ranieri really messed Valencia up, time to go back to seria A for Claudio.
No thanks, we don't want him here.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Vicente has said time and time again he will not leave Valencia, and has turned down big-money offers for Madrid and other teams. Same goes for Roberto Ayala.
Vicente maybe, but Ayala has never said that. Has has wanted to move but Valencia has put a high price on his transfer, to the dismay of Ayala. He wants out in the worse way.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Skipper Gerrard said:

don't know what u consider a weak team, because Steaua played better then Valencia on the night and deserved the win, and they had just sold one of their best players Neaga to a Sth Korean team...if u look in European football history Steaua wouldnt be considered weak, even these days!!!hey and don't forget the game they had against Liverpool last yr, and they had a penalty denied too when Raducanu was taken down...

·
Registered
70,034 Posts
Yeah Liverpool won 2-1 vs Steaua in the global score the past year; so I think they aren´t so weak...

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
It's funny how Liverpool fans have been expecting to sign some of our players since Rafa Benítez signed for them... don't you ever give up? :D One day I'll make one of these threads and demand Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Baros.

You can have Corradi or Fiore though, I give you them for free :pp

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Setzer said:
It's funny how Liverpool fans have been expecting to sign some of our players since Rafa Benítez signed for them... don't you ever give up? :D One day I'll make one of these threads and demand Gerrard, Xabi Alonso and Baros.

You can have Corradi or Fiore though, I give you them for free :pp

I'm not expecting anything. I am hoping though.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
i recall vicente once saying that he would like to come to arsenal

1 - 20 of 22 Posts