Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.k taking in to account that JVA makes himself effectively chairman of benfica :( and that the expective 3 million contos from the SAD is made to spend on players here is what I think would be a decent team 4 next year.

OUT
Enke for rui costa plus about 2 million contos to fio
IN
Quim for about 400,000 contos
IN
Meira for about 200,000 compensation to guimaraes
IN
Olarra almost certain for about 300,000 contos
IN
Sousa recalled on loan from Alverca
OUT
Madeira
Basto For about 700,000 contos to bordeaux
Leaving our defence like this
Quim
Sousa, Olarra, Meira, Ribeiro

IN
Bento free certain

OUT
Calado almost certain to newcastle for about 1 million contos

leaving our midfield like this
Maniche, Bento, Costa, Sabry

And up front
Gomes, Pinto (Might be his season next season for all of you of little faith :) hopefully)

Leaving our team like this

Quim
sousa, olarra, meira, ribeiro
maniche, bento, costa, sabry
gomes pinto

Well there would still be money left over for a better right back, maybe someone like xavier. Ribeiro and maniche I think will be next years revelations.
Well you never know this could be the team for next year!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I heard Benfica's cash problems were holding up the SAD. A company has to give certain financial assurances to the stock market before a flotation is allowed.

The nightmare scenario for Benfica will be they need the SAD to meet their debts, but they can't get the SAD started until their financial position improves.

I think they'll need a big cash injection before the SAD formation can go ahead.

Rocky times ahead for Benfica?

I think they'll have to get their financial house in order before they can contemplate any big money signings.

That means 2-3 years of financial restructuring with players being sold and the receipts being used to pay off debts.

[This message has been edited by Santamaria (edited 16-05-2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
My goodness, wouldn't that be a team. Our midfield would be the envy of Portugal and Europe alike! Joao Pinto, coming off his golden boot performance at Euro 2000 will light up the Benfica offense (It will happen, mark my words) However, I don't think Rui is worth Enke AND 20 million. The rumours are that Inter have offered 20 million cash. If we are moving with Enke, I say he is worth at least 5-6 million, so we can pick Rui up for 14 million & Enke. In would rather keep Enke and pick up Rui. I know I am dreaming. HE SHOULD HAVE NEVER OF LEFT!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts