Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Saturday's vote:

Orange Card- A Card between red and yellow. Kicks a player out for a moment (time frame not yet set)
4 Subsitutions- Only when a game goes into xtratime ;)
20 minute Half Time- Allows for more ad revenue and better rest for players
Coach/Manager's box- Allows coaches to stand in their area indefinately
5th and 6th Official- One at each gol line to check to see if the ball went over.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Futebol/0,,MUL1019522-9825,00.html

I think we've discussed the extra officials, but what about these other rules? What do you all think? An Orange carD?!?!?

·
Registered
34,455 Posts
Orange card- stupid idea, how will ref decide if the player deserves yellow, red of orange card? There will def be disagreements, Andy Gray and co will be having many discussions on replays about those things.

4 Substitutions- 3 is enough, what if one team makes just 1 sub in 90 minutes?

20 minute Half Time- maybe, just enough time to run to shop for extra beer :D

coach box- whats the point?

5th and 6th official- its about time this should be done.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
That orange card idea is really stupid.
The rest are not that stupid. But still slightly stupid.
Maybe 5th and 6th official is not stupid, maybe it is stupid.... nah it's definitely not stupid.

·
Registered
11,622 Posts
I'm in favour of the foreign limitation idea 7+4 but not Uefa's idea. I think it would be better if teams are aloud to register has many foreign players as they want but they can only play 4 foreign players in a game, rather then team being aloud to have only 4 foreign players at a club.

I also think FIFA should make a youth law to stop bigger team from poaching players. A youth player can not sign for another team unless they have played so many first team games or they are released.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Spanish referee should be assisted by people who's got replays as they simply don't see anything that happens on a football pitch. They could be replaced.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Fully in favour of some kind of foreigners ruling.

Means teams who have brilliant youth systems are rewarded rightly.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Where's the damn 6+5 Uefa rule?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Fully in favour of some kind of foreigners ruling.

Means teams who have brilliant youth systems are rewarded rightly.
Does it really? Or does it just mean the big clubs will buy up their best English players? I mean Leeds have lost players like Rose in the past to bigger clubs and it could just see teams like United, Arsenal and Chelsea snap up players at a younger age. We've already seen this in last season's FA Youth Cup final where 9 of Chelsea's first XI were recruited from other academies at a cost of over 10m.

Besides it doesn't even guarantee English or British players will come through. The best players in last season's FA Youth Cup Final were both Slovakian, and Chelsea's 16 had 7 non-British nationals and City's had 8. That's 15 out of 32 players.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Got a really simple one.

Managers can only be signed in the windows aswell. If hes sacked out of it then the assistant of B coach must take control until the window opens.

Well get rid of all this silly bollocks like Espanyol having 4 different managers so far this season and atleast give the guys some time to work with.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Isn't there something already in Spain that says a manager can't manage two La Liga clubs in the same season? Maybe that's why Espanyol have gone through so many managers as they have to recruit from the Segunda and bring in coaches who are not quite able to manage at that level.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Goal line officials on both goal lines for 2-3 cases a year???????? I think this is stupid. The linesmen are good enough for the amount of times this case occurs. I'm not in favour of having a lot of people doing nothing most of the time. They could solve the goal line problem with video replay too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts