Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Persnonly I reckon wide midfielders /wingers for one thing the ability to go past players is taken completely for granted , you have a lot less space to go round players as you can just get pushed wide off and out of play.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
CM would be the one. You have to be able to do everything, tackle, pass, shoot, run, you have to be in shape, be able to run 90+ minutes, have to have vision and be able to read the game etc. etc.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Right Mid Or Winger Is Hardest From My Expereicne

I Usually Play As A Right Mid/winger

But I Have Played On Centre Mid, Attackin Mid And Sweeper.

From All Those Positions Right Mid Is The Hardest Cuz U Need To Run Non Stop Up And Down On The Right Wing And It Takes Alot Of Stamina Which Mine Is Shit.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Center Mid...You have to do everything, and you run the show most teams work threw the center mid

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
CM doesnt require talent, look at Emerson, Makelele, Diarra, Lampard, all of these aint gifted in the talent area.

the wingers though make a lot of effort, and they must be gifted (Camo, Nedved, Quaresma, Ronaldo, Marchionni, Figo, etc..).

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I agree with jern. Players with a true footballing game are usually the second striker or the attacking mid or playmaker/virtuoso player. I think they usually are the most talented. But of course there are exceptions to evry rule. Wingers can have a hell of a lot of talent, so can defenders, and goalies. Which brings into question, what kind of talent and ability u are talking about? Im pretty sure u mean technical and creative talent.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
abstar26 said:
I agree with jern. Players with a true footballing game are usually the second striker or the attacking mid or playmaker/virtuoso player. I think they usually are the most talented. But of course there are exceptions to evry rule. Wingers can have a hell of a lot of talent, so can defenders, and goalies. Which brings into question, what kind of talent and ability u are talking about? Im pretty sure u mean technical and creative talent.
I agree, it depends on the definition of talent. Guys like Emerson and Makelele don't cut out pass after pass through luck, they have a talent which allows them to read the game. But yes, I don't think this is what the first post meant.

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Playmaker, everyone relies on you to create something out of nothing

·
Registered
418 Posts
Aww nobody paid Martin's 'comment'?

For what it's worth, I liked it :)

·
Registered
23,874 Posts
Fledge said:
Persnonly I reckon wide midfielders /wingers for one thing the ability to go past players is taken completely for granted , you have a lot less space to go round players as you can just get pushed wide off and out of play.
Being a winger is much easier and it is hardly more difficult to dribble there either. It is easier to overlook the field and your opponents from there. Central midfield is the position that you need to be most complete, counting away "water carriers".

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Winger - you need to have good speed, good dribbling, good center-passes, good technic, and of course good shot. You have to help the wing defender sometimes.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Striker, the business end of the field. You have to penetrate the defence being outnumbered and beat the keeper hitting a target... you live and die by your goals - every other position you don't need to be so accurate in what you do.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
without a doubt a midfielder either on wing or in center. It requires the must fitness, best dribbling skills, solid passing, and occasional finishing. I played midfielder for many years and found it very difficult but it improved how I play. Then I played striker and it was alot alot alot more easier. Striking is difficult but as long as you have a solid shot, a good turn around, and speed then your good, but a midfielder is required every thing. The agression of a defender, and the skill of a striker at the same time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts