Xtratime Community banner

201 - 218 of 218 Posts

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
SCP-87 comes at a good time to our forum, we were desperate for a village Nostradufus ever since the Portista fell off the earth.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
After what has been undoubtedly the hottest silly season that has ever graced Portuguese football, the ball will start rolling tomorrow. Can't wait!

olha que não

ps. damn...killa beat me to it lol
There were a couple of people who said things before and during the season, this was one of the posts that I made a note so I could point it out later

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
How many titles have you won after the 25 de Abril?
Since 1974...

Leagues:
FCP 22 *
SLB 15 **
SCP 5

Cups:
FCP 13
SLB 10
SCP 8

Super Cups:
FCP 20
SLB 4
SCP 8

----
* (Includes Fruit, Chocolates and Coffee with Milk)
** (Includes Campeonato dos Tuneis, Colinho 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0)
----

Porto is clearly the team of the working class.

·
Sportinguista
1,344 Posts
now SCP has an actual project in place, which is something that never happened ever.

not saying SCP will win, but I am sure we will compete again for the league next season.

Rumo ao 23!!! 2016-17

(adding on titles like SLB fans did)

·
Administrator
24,775 Posts
who's Anna?

Moreirense are indeed in a terrible position atm, but from what i saw of them doesnt surprise me, they seem more eager in wasting time than playing

·
Administrator
24,775 Posts
ah ok...it's Inácio:D

but not me,another one...with bad taste in clubs :p:D

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Andre Silva one goal behind Marega for the league lead. A Chop hasn't been the top scorer since Domingos in 1996.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
It'll be a long offseason for BDC with all the Tears of Consolable Cups and Moral Victory titles to dust off. Not sure they have the room for a few more...
One more Consolation Trophy for the crowded imaginary vaults of the Sporting Clube De Portugal museum.

Not sure they'll be able to handle any more of these titles - where are they going to put them?

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
I wonder if Sporting will finally put their best foot forward in next fall's Champions League qualifying, or if they will again outsmart the competition by losing on purpose. 0:)

If Nuno Espirito Santos were a coach with no ties to FCP, he'd be gone already. The title was there for them to take. Drawing at home vs Setubal was the first major sign that his team would not seize their chances. Benfica was not playing well and had tied away to Pacos. First place was there for the taking before their trip to the Luz. The following week, the flow of the Classico was in their favor after an early Benfica goal. Maxi tied the match after sustained pressure and then.......? They took their foot off the gas and seemed to be content with a draw. Very strange at the time and glaringly a problem when it comes in the middle of a run of four draws out of 5. The title was lost right there. Similar to JJ's collapse in 2011, where that team collapsed after the Classico.

Speaking for Benfiquistas around the world, I hope Porto shows greatly loyalty to a club legend and continues to employ Nuno for a long time to come.

·
Administrator
24,775 Posts
thnk nuno is still going in spite of his ties to porto...but yes we have missed several pts and the fact they had several chances to cacth us or een get ahead and always always choked is pretty amazing...something went very wrong there, thankfully for us

so....i dont think we will see nuno again next season at dragao:D rumours again of marco silva....and since he failed to keep hull city in the 1st division its possible...doub JJ willmove there,porto cant afford it ( dont askme how after allthe money they have won all these years both in CL as with stunning transfers)

sporting...jj will ask for more players...already has, they got a piccini and from estoril mathaeus , bebeto's son....know nothing about the 1st but matheus does score very good free kicks, havent seen much more of him but not sur he is sporting matterial, time will tell

their recently hired players have been mostly a flop appart from bas dost and slimani so we'll see

looks like their strategy this year is to make an alliance with pinto da costa, last time they did we know what happened...porto used thme of coz , bruno de carvalho said he will no longer use his fb to talk abit sporting ..has he learned a lesson? but the question is, willhe foucs on his team and less on benfica...doubt it

as for us...i really really hope we have a better season in terms of injuries, and can keep asmany players as possible though know some willleave, its the way it goes...rui vitoria has some fails in tactical aspects but he is very good HR wise, so lets hopethat balance can bring us more titles next year, now its time to prepare for the game with guimarares for the portuguese cup, which will be very tough...pedro martins will make his playes eat the grass:D

ps. wellboavista game 1st....fans from the north deserve to see the champ:D

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
so....i dont think we will see nuno again next season at dragao:D rumours again of marco silva....
Porto is a better club than the options he currently has in England, but the jobs he will be offered there (Including a relegated Hull) will pay him more and be higher profile (We know the names of managers in England who are in the Championship!). Unless he has a strong desire to work in Portugal I don't see him returning next season.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Was reading this morning that PDC was trying to save Nuno's job. Nuno is out anyways. Lots of speculation already on who will be next.

·
Administrator
24,775 Posts
even if PDC wanted to, dont think the fans would let him.....5 coahces in 4 years....reminds me of us not so long ago....

201 - 218 of 218 Posts