Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do think of the portuguese players that re currently playing in brazil? José Dominguez for exemple, is he doing good? what do you think?

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
He did not started yet, although there is not a great uproar of his arrival.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Yeah. Dominguez had a lot of fitness problems since his arrival, but apparently he made a good impression in the few times he played. I didn't watch a lot of Vasco games this season, because there isn't much to see – despite the outrageous excess of players in their squad (yesterday they have actually signed their 11th centreback, believe it or not - 11 players for two positions, and most of 'em suck balls).

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
is this the same guy who played for Spurs and Birmingham in England ? it can't be surely. :eek:

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
he played for english teams yes, I think it is the same, but I do not remember. He is not young, he was part of Rui Costa youth generation, so, it probally can :tongue:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
yes he played in England in the mid nineties IIRC, well if he is very small then it must be him, he was skilfull but i think too lightweight for English football.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I beleive he's the only portuguese player playing in brazil at the moment...at least in bigger teams.

I saw his game against baraúnas...he was doing good but then got injured earlier in the game...he's the same player who played in england...
He's very skillfull, but his light body never made him a star...

T

·
0 Posts
just out of interest, have there been many European players that have played in the Brazilian league in the past?

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
No, not many. Petkovic is the most recent and regular player. A few others without much impact appared occasionally. Back in the early days ,30,' 20's and before the number was bigger for many reasons such as the enlgish founders, portuguese and italians.
All and all, european coaches are most important here than the players.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
The Italian Marco Osio played in Palmeiras for a brief period back in the '90s, when they were sponsored by Parmalat.

·
Administrator
30,845 Posts
yeah, there is so little europeans that is hard even to have a list. Atletico-Pr had to players from Poland during the 90' also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts