Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me, I am trying to find out a little bit of info about the Portuguese sides Barreirense, CUF Barreiro and Vitoria Guimares. Which town do they play home games and the name of their stadium. Thank you in anticipation. Tom.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Barreirense and CUF Barreiro are from Barreiro, but I don´t know the statium names, as they are actually small clubs. Vitória Guimarães is from Guimarães and his stadium is Estádio Afonso Henriques.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
TomC EFC said:
Hi guys, I wonder if you can help me, I am trying to find out a little bit of info about the Portuguese sides Barreirense, CUF Barreiro and Vitoria Guimares. Which town do they play home games and the name of their stadium. Thank you in anticipation. Tom.
Barreirense will soon quit playing in D. Manuel de Mello because they are building new installments and a new stadium.

FC Barreirense
Town: Barreiro
Stadium: D. Manuel de Mello

CUF is also from Barreiro but I think the club has been extinguished recently. I'm not sure but I also think the stadium was called Alfredo da Silva.

Guimarães play in D. Afonso Henriques

·
Registered
438 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
CUF is also from Barreiro but I think the club has been extinguished recently.
No, they were renamed Quimigal, and are now called Fabril do Barreiro. The reason for these changes are simple: it was the team of the company called CUF, founded in the mid 1800s and working in the chemicals business. In 1975, following the Revolution, CUF was nationalised and united with 1 or 2 other minor companies and was renamed Quimigal. In the late 90s, it beame a private company again, and the group that bought it to the state restructured it and named it CUF once again (Companhia União Fabril). The team followed the evolution of the company, but this last time it didn't adopt the older name. It is now called GD Fabril do Barreiro, and they're playing either in the III division or in distrital.
However, I am not sure what kind of link they have with the company now, or if they still continue to have a link at all.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
England Asian said:
Hi, could you help me in Português?

http://www.boavistafc.pt/ver_produto.php?id_produto=74
I want to buy a Boavista shirt. But I do not understand how to choose size. Could you tell me how to do that?
Weird that they don't let you pick the size :eekani:
Anyway, i would write in the "Observações" field something like this: "Tamanho XL" or whatever size you wear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts