Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's time to visit the Dragao after our early season beatdown, this will take place over two legs.

Players called up:

Roberto, Maxi Pereira, Luisão, Nuno Gomes, Jara, Kardec, Sidnei, Fábio Coentrão, Airton, Javi García, Salvio, Cardozo, Saviola, Gairtán, Júlio César, Rodrick, César Peixoto, Felipe Menezes e Aimar.

This is the first post David Luiz game, hope that Sidnei doesn't screw up and very happy to see Cardozo playing :)

Starling Line-up as per ABOLA:
Júlio César; Maxi, Luisão, Sidnei, César Peixoto; Javi Garcia, Salvio, Gaitan e Fábio Coentrão; Saviola e Cardozo.

Coentrao playing Left Mid/winger, Peixoto at LB and Gaitan at #10, JJ clearly not going 100%.

Porto going with Sereno on the left, their starting lineup:

Helton; Sapunaru, Maicon, Rolando e Sereno; Belluschi, Fernando, João Moutinho; Varela, Hulk e James

Overall not the best teams for both.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Porto news:

- Alvaro Pereira and Emidio Rafael are both done for the year, so no natural left-back available.
- Falcao and Otamendi are included in the squad but it's very unlikely that either will start.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Porto news:

- Alvaro Pereira and Emidio Rafael are both done for the year, so no natural left-back available.
- Falcao and Otamendi are included in the squad but it's very unlikely that either will start.
I can see Alvaro being a blow but haven't seen much of Rafa to be honest.

Benfica is also down Carlos Martins.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Porto news:

Alvaro Pereira can return in the end of february.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Alvaro Pereira can return in the end of february.
O Jogo had an article yesterday saying he's done for the season, but that'd be fantastic news if true.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Carlos Martins is a blow added Amorim who is also out.

Think Airton will start or will Jesus plays a all attacking line up?
Porto is not Naval.

hestill can put peixoto of course.:rolleyes:

benfica have so many strikers/attacking mid players and so few middef players.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
O Jogo had an article yesterday saying he's done for the season, but that'd be fantastic news if true.
lol and you didn't buy a left back.:howler:

if he is done well you have a big big hole in the left flank.

and sapruanu and fucile are nothing special in the right flank either.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
lol and you didn't buy a left back.:howler:

if he is done well you have a big big hole in the left flank.

and sapruanu and fucile are nothing special in the right flank either.
Rafa got hurt on Sunday! What was the club supposed to do just one day before the market closed?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Rafa got hurt on Sunday! What was the club supposed to do just one day before the market closed?
Porto had(have) a average and short squad in defense with or without Rafa.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
We will suck today. I predict we lose. It's a piss cup so I'm o.k. with that.

Not sure if I will be able to see this. An internet stream would be most appreciative if anyone has one. :hopeful:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I think you might win actually. We haven't been playing that well, no Otamendi or Alvaro in defense, no Falcao up top so Hulk has to play central and he's not nearly as good there as he is on the right wing. We'll see, but I think you guys have a very good chance here.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
i will go for a 2-2 score......

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We're playing better than them but their fans won't let their team slow down, this is a Classico and all that "playing better of late" stuff goes straight out the window.

I'm not sure what to expect but I'm sure that Jesus learned his lesson, Sidnei worries me because of his lack of playing time.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Peixoto starting??????????????:howler::howler:

on other hand Sereno is the left back in Porto.

Aimar on the bench....

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Sereno, probably the worst player in our entire squad, is starting at his unfamiliar position of left-back. This is set to be a disaster down our left flank.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I knew this would happen, you guys are really taking it to us right now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts