Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys...now that Argentina is out, it is really tough watching the
rest of the games ..

But I think I will wach the games of portugal since they (we used to do) are playing fluent passing from the middle .

Maybee if Portugal wins the cup , I will get an emotional consolation.(like the one in 1998 when france beat Brazil)

I see their game the closest thing to Argentina .

but i dont think they have the potential to go all the way (lack of subs).
I hope I am wrong.

Go portugal give us revenge.

·
Registered
333 Posts
We will try our best.
If we beat Korea I think we can keep our roll going.

We've got guys off the bench. Last game we had Rui Costa and Nuno Gomes off the bench. If Rui Costa starts next game, we'll have Joao Pinto as a sub. We also might get Abel Xavier back in at Right Back, giving us more depth along the back line.
We also have Winger Capucho ready to contribute.

We're having some problems with health and fitness to key players, not to mention strengthening our defense on crosses and corners.
If we can beat Korea, I think we can go all the way.

We have yet to play our best football. The first game we did a lot wrong, and in the 2nd game the rain didn't help us.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Well, My heart can't cheer but for Argentina. :depress:

Anyway, I wish Sapin or Portugal can win the cup, although I don't care anymore who is going to win it

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Figo Rules said:
Assasin...

I understand 100%.
If Portugal loses tomorrow, my heart won't let me cheer for another team. I will be too sad.
Please don't.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
well if we win tommorow, in terms of players wise, i can honestly say we do have the best team with france and argentina out. But thats if we win, plus there as been tons of surprises, so well see

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Well-for now we're in a dificult situation. But now that we have Xavier back we'll probably be back on our upper form-but I'm not too sure about Figo he seemed like he had body aches during his last game despite one or two good moves up the field.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
AND-Guess who's reffing our game tommorrow? Argentina reff, lol what a coinkidink!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
well I just hope any team wins it but Brazil, England and Germany.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Yeah-Whoever wins this world cup will be nothing but a lucky underdog who just watched the fight for survival between some teams. I think we just need to move on. Football/Soccer/However you call it in your home nation has lost all purposes of its title. I WILL watch the finals... but why? It just wont be the same knowing both teams are likely to be an underdog and brazil.:( In my mind this world cup should have been grouped by fifa world rankings to have better matches...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts