Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me make it clear to all - I am an admirer of the great football Portugal are able to play. Anyone who might think I am not - should read my posts where I give my respects to their football!

BUT, this is enough!

We all know how Portugal went out of the European Championship in 2000. Disgraceful how the players were acting.

This year around I must say the players have done an even "better" job at miscrediting football.

After JVP recieved his red card - he punched the referee in the stomach. Disgrace!

Figo has been accused by Lee Young-pyo - Korean player - of trying to FIX the match at halftime. He knew the halftime result of Poland-USA. He asked Lee Young-pyo if they should make a deal and play 0-0. Lee Young-pyo didn't understand Figo as he wasn't aware of the halftime result in Poland-USA. Lee Young-pyo promises that his team wouldn't ever make such a deal.

I think FIFA should look into this - a very hard accusation from the Koreans!

I also honestly think that Portugal shouldn't be arranging the European Championships in 2004. It wouldn't be a good signal to youngster to have a country arranging a major championship which team has ended 2 championships in DISGRACE!

Shame, cos I love the Portugese way of playing football!

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Thats Bull!! Lee Young-pyo is lieing!!!! JVP did punch the referee in the stomach and I know that and I am also embarassed, but the other part is bull. The Koreans are already known for starting contraversy( goal against U.S.A, skating? :rolleyes: )

This is so fu*ken stupid. Now I hope Italy crushes them for saying that stupid comment.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apparently FIFA has proof that JVP punched the referee.

The other one - the accusation against Figo - I think Lee Young-Pyo should explain.
And WHY should he make the accusation, anyway??

Even other Portugese acknowledge that JVP punched the referee as he was screaming in Spanish "he punched me ..he punched me.." Guess that's the reason why the referee looked so shocked!

Ok you acknowledge it too, what a disgrace to punch a referee.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Yes that is the only thing that I am ashamed of. But Figo trying to fix, that is bull. Why don't you go ask Lee Young-pyo to explain it, and I'll bet he will studder a 100 times.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
JVP should get a life-ban. I know it sounds harsh but if the reverse happened (a ref hit a player---which happened in a league game in Macau after a player threw the ball and hit the ref) then the ref would be banned (as this ref was)

Actually there is this famous cricketer in Australia who has the record for the fastest ball ever bowled (161km /h or 100and a bit mph) and he got banned for life from soccer for hitting the ref in a local league game

Of course FIFA will not take this action but if they want to stamp this manhandling of the ref out of the game then they have to clamp down. If he gets a lenient sentence then it only sends a bad message out to all the kids throughout the world

Couto (or should i call him drugo) should get punished for touching the refs face as well. I too like the way the Portuguese play and are sad they are out of the tournament (especially since England are doing so well now) but Couto is one player i've never liked. Lost his marbles after the USA game as well when he refused to shake hands with the USA players and stormed off the field. Not to mention he needs to get rid of the mullet :yuck:

The korean accusation i do not believe. Especially after "that" celebration v USA. These factors combined lead me to think they are trying to stir trouble and know they'll get away with it since they are playing at home

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES! That's just what I want too. An explanation from Lee Young-Pyo - FIFA and world football can't live with such accusations hanging in the air - so to speak. I point out to you that I give Figo the benefit of the doubt, a great player like him wouldn't do this. I'd loose a lot of respect for him, if it turns out he said it. A great deal of my perception of football would crumble too... and that would make me sad.

I just don't get it - WHY should Lee Young-Pyo make such accusations??? Korea are through and he should be happy and merry.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andreas said:

The korean accusation i do not believe. Especially after "that" celebration v USA. These factors combined lead me to think they are trying to stir trouble and know they'll get away with it since they are playing at home

Why would Lee Young-Pyo make such a serious accusation? If I was Figo (which I am unfortunately not) I'd sue him for slander (?)

Maybe I don't understand Korean mentality.... This is a very serious accusation!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Like Figo would be worried if you'd loose a lot of respect for him!!:D :howler:

If you don't like Couto Andreas it's your problem, now don't make it a prob of the ref. The ref hasn't complained about Couto and he even said Couto was nice and calmed him down :howler:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
It certainly is a serious accusation. Cricket (which most europeans africans asians and those from the america's don't know or care about) was rocked by a match fixing scandal a few years ago with the South African captain getting banned for life for accepting bribes :nasty: :eek:. He got killed in a plane crash 2 weeks ago

Anyway if this was true then Figo should join JVP in getting a life ban

The Korean could have made those accusations for many reasons from trying to hype things up to trying to protray Figo in a bad light etc.. etc.....

Haddock what i said about Couto being disciplined is just what the football pundits here said. I know he may have been trying to calm the ref down but you should still not touch the ref and its a problem that occurs all too frequently in football. And touching a ref only leads to problems such as getting more physical with the ref (such as punching f.ex) IMO

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Sad that Portugal is out and very sad what JVP did. He should be banned!

The Figo thing. Well I don't know, all I want is the truth on this matter. FIFA should make a case out of it I think. If the Korean tells the truth and Figo therefore tried to fix the match, well then I think Figo should be banned too. BUT if the Korean just tried to make things look even worse for Portugal, I think he's the one who should get banned and for a VERY long time. It will be a great shame for Korea as the host nation if the Korean is guilty in this case!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haddock said:
Like Figo would be worried if you'd loose a lot of respect for him!!:D :howler:

No he wouldn't care. But he'll never go down in history as one of the greatest.

Beside I am talking fan to fan.

Where are you from? The US? well, then you probably don't give sh!te as most of the sports over there have been tainted by scandals of fixing...

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am not from the US neither from Australia or Denmark.

Andreas what's wrong with touching the ref?CAressing is good. What's the fear? That he gets an erection? I think that ref liked it. :howler:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
an erection! hehehe hahaha lol :howler:. Obviously read my post in the other thread ;)

BTW are you living in Switzerland? follow Swiss football by any chance? have you seen the Swiss forum? cause seeing ppl @ XT who are from or living in Switzerland is rare :sigh:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
myself being portuguese would also agree with banning Pinto (f'n idiot) if he punched the ref...disgrace to the nation...

with regards to Couto, I agree he shouldn't have touched the ref but what it looked like to me was he was trying to have the ref look at him rather than at Joao Pinto (f'n idiot)....i don't think there was any malice in couto's intentions...he just looked to defuse the situation by having the ref's attention on him...

the figo $hite...is just that $hite...i doubt that a man like Figo would want any help....he would rather attain things by his own hands....by the way ....what language were they talking to each other in????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts