Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one fricken game i didnt want to see. Im torn in the middle Im was born here in America, and im proud to say i am an American.........................................but my blood is Portuguese, i grew up whatching not american but Portuguese soccer, so therefore when i see the portuguese seleccao play i 2 consider them representing me, and there nothing i more prouder of then walking down a strett and people say look it so and so the Portuguese kid. I wish they would be meeting in the finals so therefore i would win either way, but i have to say i will be rooting more for Portugal, they are one of the favorites and if they lose, they have more to lose then team USA. What does everyone else think

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
It is always hard when you loyalties are split, Ogolo. No hard feelings for siding with Portugal ;)

Certainly Portugal has everything to lose in the U.S. match. We'll be jumping for joy if we eek out a point.

·
Registered
674 Posts
OGOLO

Hey, it's a nice problem to have. If they were in different groups for the first round, you wouldn't have split loyalties. However, they could both be knocked out early. The way it is, there's a good chance you might have a team to root for in the second round. I hope it's the US NATS, but don't begrudge you. I was sorta for the Poles earlier, but some clown named Barlink convinced me that it was easier to pull for the Portos as my number two team.

Good luck, sit back and watch some futball!

Cheers,

Oldplayer

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
hey I just may have a similar problem in the second round. Being born in the US my parents being born in Croatia there is a chance that Croatia might play the USA in the first playoff game. Croatia's group and the US group are paired off for that first playoff round. First place team playing the second place team in each group....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts