Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GREAT GAME against England, we couod of beaten ne1 in that kinda form, what do u's all think will hape againts Romania???...

vIvA PORTUGAL!!! =)

·
Registered
964 Posts
Portugal will hopefully beat Romania as i believe the players want payback after the Romania undeservedly drew and beat Portugal in the Euro 2000 qualifiers and hopefully Portugal will kick Germany ass as they were the ones who took out Portugal in the 1998 World cup qualifiers where we were leading 1-0 in Germany and R.Costa got injured so we made a substitution and while R.Costa was limping of the field the ref(FU(KING WANKER PUSSY OF A REF) gos and sends him off.
Lets prove them wrong
VIVA PORTUGAL

·
International
5,629 Posts
This game will be difficult for Portugal. Romania I feel is better than Germany or England. They play a latin style and have a very good playmaker in Hagi and a great forward in Ilie. However if Portugal's plays with the same intensity, and ability as on Monday, we should win. Let's take this thing one game at a time.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Judging from how they performed against Germany we should win. They were downright bad in that game. They have a similar playing style to us, and frankly, we are better at that style...I expect a very open and exciting game with our boys winning 2-0

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really wish the POrtuguese team all the best for the match against Romania - although Portugal played outstanding against England, the Romanians certainly are going to give the Portuguese a hard time - just remember how hard Portugal had to fight in the qualifiers!

But if Figo, Rui Costa and the others (am I the only one who considered Abel Xavier to be among the best players against England?) reach their form again, I am looking forward to seeing a great match with a winner called soccer (and Portugal, of course!)

Although Austrian, I am a big supporter of the Portuguese National Team and, btw, enjoyed the, um, "debates" on the Portuguese forum for a long time - I laughed and laughed and laughed while reading your debates on Vermont and the differences between Italian and Brazilian women not too long ago - just for you guys to know :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's going to be a tough game for sure, I don't think we'll be able to dominate midfield as much as we did vs. England because the Romanians are technically good players and they're able to hold possesion too. I think man marking on Figo will be a blessing in disguise, because of the space that'll open up elsewhere, like some others pointed out too.
I'm not sure Hagi will be much of a factor as he looked like he really went down hill in the hot sun in the game against Germany. I think if we play with confidence and keep our heads cool we'll be succesful. My prediction is a 1-0 win for us, goal by the so-called "washed-up" JVP!

·
Registered
51 Posts
even they do man mark figo.we should try someting new and play figo more as a foward..lets throw them a curve and open up the midfield.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Romania in my opinion is way overrated! They way portugal played monday they should be coming in to this game with all the confidence in the world! Portugal came back from 2-0 to score 3 unanswered goals against a really good english team! The only reason we didn't score more was because we didn't want to give up a counter attack goal! But we will see tomorrow!!!....Viva Portugal

·
Registered
595 Posts
The way Romania played in the qualifiers we should be able to beat them (especially if WE play like we did with England). We could have beat them in Romania too.

But be careful! The Romanian remembered today that in Porto in 1998 they scored with ONE oportunity! Romania can play defensively (just let Portugal lead the game) and expect to score in counter-attacks. So we'd better use all our oportunities!

And let them all go on Figo, like oliveira said, if they do, there will be room for Paulo Sousa, Rui Costa and others... :D

It's just a pitty Abel Xavier isn't playing. He would scare the hell off Hagi with that yellow hair! :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm looking forward to this match, it should be a good game, very evenly matched, although I think Portugal's mobility in midfield and creativy will just be a class higher than Hagi's engine. So a Portugal victory is on the decks, which would probably mean theyr'e through to the quaters.
Abel Xavier looks like some Roman or Greek god, why does he have such a strange appearance?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Abel Xaviers idol is Prince, or whatever the hell he's calling himself these days. That explains the hair and beard:):) He bleached it to look cool for the euro I guess:D

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
just 3 hours left until the showdown.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts