Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 13.0%
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Loser is probably out. Boh teams will play with everything they got and Ibelieve Portugal has a little more:)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Gabemar said:
The Loser is probably out. Boh teams will play with everything they got and Ibelieve Portugal has a little more:)
Amen!:) Let's hope it won't be Columbia 94 all over again...:eek:

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
throw everything that has been said about this group out the window cause none of it matters anymore there is no more favourites anyone can take points at any time.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I've just watched Usa - Portugal and I must say it doesn't look good for Poland. Portuguese defence was awful, but they should've scored much more than twice. They'll do their best on Monday and they won't underestimate us like they did today.

I want to believe we'll get a grip and win it 2-1 though...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
ForçaMadeirense said:
We will not go home with less than 2 Wins

its not like success is so common to portugal, dont be surprised if either kore or poland take points from you.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
There's never a surprise in a WC match up. Some fans/media like to think it's a 'surprise win' but let's face it: on any given day, at any given time, any team can be beaten at this level.

But I hope Portugal goes through!

:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
It is over for Portugal. Their defense is simply too weak. The only decent defender is Fernando Couto yet Brian McBride made him look like an Egyptian mummy. Plus Figo is still not 100%....so just forgettabouit

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
A Draw doesnt help either Team, yet I believe that's whats going to happen on this game ..

;)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
colocolo said:
A Draw doesnt help either Team, yet I believe that's whats going to happen on this game ..

;)
Depending on how the US vs. Korea game goes. If US and Korea tie, and if Portugal and Poland tie, than that will leave all to play for in the last game. Lets say there was a tie in both games on Monday. Therefore Portugal and Poland would have 1 point, while the US and Korea would have 4. If Poland beats the US, and Portugal beats Korea, than we have a 4 way tie with 4 points. All will depend on the goal differences.

Basically all the teams still have destiny in their own hands. Win your last two games and you are through.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Fernando Andres said:
It is over for Portugal. Their defense is simply too weak. The only decent defender is Fernando Couto yet Brian McBride made him look like an Egyptian mummy. Plus Figo is still not 100%....so just forgettabouit
Over for Portugal huh? It's not that Portugal had a bad game, it's their defese that sux huh?

You forget that Portugal conceded the least goals in Euro2000? Don't forget that.

Remember Portugal vs England or Portugal vs Holland, this is a team that can come back.

All Portugal has to do is beat both Poland and Korea to be given a 90% chance of going through. This is very do-able for Portugal. I hope you end up eating your words.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
i really hope portugal wins
i think they should be in the semi's with the team they got
BUT
if they want to win
they have to pull it together
they played poorly in the USA game
poor defense
poor goalkeeper
also if poland gets like 2 players onto figo like USA did, i believe they would kill him kinda almost and end up like USA match.
i think they need to find alternate players to score, not just figo.
why didnt nuno gomes start??
my god, he should of been in the first team line up against USA
hopefully he will against poland
both teams will look hungry for a win

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
I think Portugal will win this one and bounce back from the disappointing perofmrnace against the USA. Poland will give them a good nudge, but won't be good enough and will go home from the tournament, which I find very disappointing. I have actually predicted Portugal to make the semis so I ain't giving up yet :D

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Portugal will win because of sheer determination, class and (hopefully) better tactical decisions on Oliviera's part.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Portugal should bounce back from a disappointing start to take a convincing win over Poland
3-1 victory to Portugal

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Portugal will win. They must win! Okay, they had a bad start but I believe they can only do better now. I want to see at least a 2-0 for Portugal.:D

1 - 20 of 77 Posts