Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The international tournament in Santarem, Portugal is to be held in the period between 19.-25. january. The tournament, "Tournament Vale Do Tejo", is held for the second time, and in addition to Greece also Norway, Portugal, and Romania will play.

Matches:
22/1: Romania - Greece
22/1: Portugal - Norway
24/1: Loser game 1 - loser game 2
24/1: Winner game 1 - winner game 2

The matches are played in the Santarem district about 80 kilometers outside Lisbon.

The tournament is classified by Portugal as an A2 tournament, which means that the teams will use a lot of players that you don't always see playing for the national team.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I havent seen the call up yet, but I suspect Rehhagel will bring a pretty "strong" team. We need all the games we can get together and we dont have many players out of Greece anyway...

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
portugal B will meet greece in the final, after they both won their respective games...........pissy little tournament but it can build bridges with our confidence :)

I cant find a list of our squad :confused:

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Portugal - Norway - 1-1 (you can read about the game in the Norwegian forum) 5-4 on penalties

Greece - Romania - 2-1

I would love to see the Greek squad :)

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
yeah I read a match report on the norway portugal game on some portuguese website, Id really like to help you out with the greek squad but I just cant find it anywhere, i'll check the greek paper here in Melbourne tomorrow they may have details :)

I used to visit phantis.com for up to date news but they are pretty lousy and as of yet I havent been able to find a reliable website for greeksoccer :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts