Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, I'm picking Portugal to beat Argentina in the final, but at least I looked at the latter half of the draw. Is that guy a slacker?;)

I like things the way they are. Just about everywhere I read they pick Italy to make it from our side of the draw. This is perfect. Just before Euro 2000, every one was picking England & Germany to advance. We know how that turned out.

We will have to show the world our skills once again. I guess Italy is an easy pick for these people; but that's why they play the games.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Figo Rules is exactly right. Also, almost ALL the world cup previews I have read have named Portugal outsiders or haven't even bothered to mention them! Perfect.....
As well, I have worked out that we will meet Italy in the semi, and Italy always screw up somehow when the country expects the team to win...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I guess until we compete in the WC consistently and go far in them, we will not be favoured to win by many people. That is fair.

We know how good our guys are, and the untapped potential they have at this level. I have a strong hunch that our guys are ready to bust out.
I hope that people do overlook us. Put the pressure on Italy.

FORCA PORTUGAL

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Toronto's newspapers are all coming out with WC specials in the next few days and when they talk World Cup Portugal's name is one of the highlighted ones. In Euro2000 Portugal made the front page of our paper! (atleast Nuno Gomes did, you know the one where he's kissing his ring)

4 million people in Toronto and it's surrounding area and they made the front page!

Newspapers everywhere are talking about the Golden Generation. I hope all this hype doesn't have an effect on their game.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
the less we hear about Portugal the better.....let them talk about Italy , Brasil, Argie, France etc etc...no pressure....we'll simply slowly beat team after team....just as we did in the Euro....quietly performing as we all know they can....

and in the end...no matter what.....i'll be partying on the streets of T.O....

Forca Portugal...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts