Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Costinha to the rescue :D

:) :) :) :) :eek: :) :) :)

What an ending!!! As soon as Figo placed thhe ball down I had a funny feeling down my spine! And bang!! The Monaco man heads home and Stelea was in no-mans land!!

This gives me great satisfaction as Romania beat us 1-0 in the Antas in the 90th minute so do to it to them was brilliant!!

REVENGE IS SO SWEET!! :p

Now we can look forward to Belgium, Sweden or Turkey in the Quarter Finals!

Lets rest Figo vs Germany as he is on a yellow card :eek: so we better not risk him. I would play Capucho, and maybe try Pauleta out.

We could even try out Quim in goal vs Germany

By the way I thought Sa Pinto was useless and should play no further part in Euro 2000. Nuno Gomes and Pauleta get the nod for me.

VIVA PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
119 Posts
it wasnt only that Sa pinto was ineffective but the whole team in the second half looked dead...they seemed to be happy with a draw..until conceicao stepped up a bit i thought our team had given up on getting the win..Pinto should play but i think pauleta should get the nod against germany i mean give everyone an opportunity to see what comes out of it.

B

·
0 Posts
Y'all ever hear the saying the good teams win the close games! Well that's what Portugal did yesterday and they must be gaining plenty of confidence! viva Portugal

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Looking ahead to Quarter Finals

Yep like they say if you play badly and still win you must be a quality side and I think we certainly are! :)

We needed a game like that because both Sweden and Turkey are similar to Romania in that they are solid at the back and can be difficult to break down. But then again we'll probably get Belgium - but if we do it will be the AMSTERDAM ARENA and not Brussels so Belgium will find it difficult especially with their dodgy defence.

I think Pauleta should play vs Germany as look what Nuno Gomes done vs England and only cos Sa Pintos was suspended - so experiemnting can pay off!! :) :) :)

By the way I am no longer Dani Portista and have changed my name as I fancied a change!! I am going to dye my hair blonde this week for a laugh but it won't be bleached like Abel Xavier's but women over here find bleached hair sexy so maybe one day..... :cool:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Dani, I got that strange feeling too before the goal! Somehow I knew they would score :) Anyways, to go far in tournaments as this you need a little luck. And remember that unfair 0-1 loss in qualifying...As Coelho said after the game, now things are in balance :)

B

·
0 Posts
Well alright Taco you go and bleach your hair! I bleached mine right before Euro2000 and I think it was the luck Portugal needed! By the way the chicks dig here in Boston, MA too!.....Viva Chicks I mean Viva Portugal!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts