Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Vitor Baía will be fully prepared to play at Euro 2000?
-Do you think Vitor Baía should be placed between the pipes or should Pedro Espinha take the role, who has been impresive in two preperation matches?
-Who should Humerto Coelho (National team coach) put as his regular starting 11, with a 4-3-3 formation?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Great questions...

1) If Baia is healthy I think he should start Euro. He is part of the heart and soul of this team, and if he's completely healthy he can one of the best goalies in Euro. He has a commanding presence back there that few have.

2) As far as tactics are concerned, I think that it depends on the matches. I think that against a team like England, who loves to counter, I think midfield play is key, so I would play a 4-4-2 with Sa Pinto and Conceicao as wingers Nuno as the striker and Figo and Costa as the playmakers. But this strategy can change against a team like Romania, who have an impressive midfield with Hagi and Elie as a striker. So I might play a 4-2-2-1. I think the key is flexibility in the midfield and of course finishing. If our forwards can finish our midfield play I don't see anyone beating us!!

VIVA PORTUGAL!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts