Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys...I couldn't resist

:)

We'll beat Germany for you! You guys can handle the sh1tty english anyday!

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
Romania has been very disappointing...It's not just their defeat against Portugal (which I was expecting, Portugal has by far the best team in that group), it's the fact that they couldn't beat a German team that is obviously falling apart...:(
Anyway, good luck to Portugal, their second game wasn't really a breathtaker, but the match and goals against England were unbelievable, and with Figo healthy, I expect them to go really far, and they deserve it since they play maybe the most attractive football out of all of the teams here..I am really impressed..:)

Well done Portugal..!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Maybe you didn't realize, but Germany played much better than England, they had one chance and scored.
I'm not paying to watch a match that moves at the rate of a chess game, Romania - Portugal stole 90 precious minutes from my live, it better not happen again.
The ghosts of Euro 96 were revived after this match.
This game deserved no winner.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Driver X said:
I'm not paying to watch a match that moves at the rate of a chess game, Romania - Portugal stole 90 precious minutes from my live, it better not happen again.

Haha, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was expecting a great game from these two teams, it was so boring I couldn't even watch the whole game.

Too bad for Romania, and for Hagi. I was hoping for them to do well in the tournament.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
This result has really revived the nightmare of Euro '96 all over again :(

Romania now quite likely to go out, the Czechs are out... Euro 2000 has been a nightmare for me so far :( :( :(
Deja vu...First that goal against the Czech at 89th min., now another against Romania in the last minute of injury time...

At this rate I may die of heart attack soon :(

Actually to me that Portugal vs Romania game should have ended 0-0 because Romania was quite successful in taming Portugal. Not that they themselves had numerous chances, but they were quite successful in keeping Portugal at bay.

And I was hoping for Germany and Romania to qualify from this group...real nightmare...

The only consolation is that Portugal will now top the group, and even if it's England that becomes runners-up :( , they'll meet Italy. The only consolation...

-- Nedved! in mourning :( :( :( --
And more grief to follow

·
International
9,682 Posts
Hope you do that, Marcoa! Or at least a draw.

The last time England beat us was in the 70s, I think. We also played four matches against them on Wembley and thay all finished as a draw.

We'll beat England!!! Hagi is suspended and probably Mutu will take his place. Also Ciobi might re-enter in the first eleven.

We still have chances, so HAI ROMANIA!!!

Also sorry about the Czechs. They played big time and that Nedved is great!!! Btw, Koller is playing in Belgium?

HAI ROMANIA!!!:D

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Romania - England

Well, I am deeply sad after the Portugal defeat. I thought we played a very tactical game and we shut down Figo and Rui Costa pretty well. We definetely didn't deserve to lose. Oh well, we are not out yet. We still must win against England. We can do it!!! (easier said than done). Losing Hagi might be a good thing as some players like Galca and Ilie say that Hagi is criticizing them too much after every mistake. Also during the game against Portugal Ilie was subbed out after supposedly Hagi told Ienei to sub Ilie out. This didn't sit too well with Ilie. Also, in a news conference, Ienei said that it was Galca who should of been marking Costinha. In reply Galca said, 'Is that what he said, well ask him again who is supposed to mark the opponents Defensive Midfielder.' Meaning that Hagi is the one of course.

Things don't look too good in the dressing room. I think Hagi's replacement will be Lupescu.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Bucur David

I would hate to see him start too, but let's be realistic, Ienei likes him somewhat and Lupescu is constantly bitchin about how he doesn't play.

I would also like to see Mutu or Petre step in for Hagi.

What do you think of all the arguments these players have surrounded themselves with?

I still belive...
HAI ROMANIA!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Bucur David:

Yup, at the moment Koller is playing in Belgium but I guess after Euro 2000 you'll see him moving somewhere else ;)

About Hagi: yeah he hasn't lived up to the expectation... Stojkovic (35) has done much better for Yugo!

Which East European team will make it to the quarter-finals, now I wonder?

-- Nedved! in mourning :( :( :( --

1 - 11 of 11 Posts