Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vieira and Ljungberg are back for this match down at Fratton. Other than ZONAL ****ING MARKING being eliminated all together from our player there's not much else to talk about for this one providing there is no injuries.

Almunia
Lauren Toure Campbell Cole
Ljungberg Vieira Fabregas Pires
Bergkamp Henry

SUBS: Lehmann Clichy Cygan van Persie Reyes

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
* Pires has to play, AND on the LEFT!
* van Persie should be given a chance upfront alongside Henry!
* Reyes has to be benched!

Almunia
Lauren Kolo Sol Cole
Freddie Fab Vieira Pires
v.Persie Henry

- Flamini unlucky to be benched!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Freddie is not too well, I don't think he will be ready for next Sunday. He had another migraine last night, we had to send him back home. The doctor said now we have to keep him at least 4 or 5 days out of training."
from arsenal.com

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
will be the first game i watch

bring it on baby!

swift is back,arsenal willbe back on track now

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd rather Flamini play with Vieira, to be honest. I think those two would work really well together.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
I'd rather Flamini play with Vieira, to be honest. I think those two would work really well together.

so would i, one reason being i don't think Edu respects the shirt like he used to, but Wenger has never given Flamini the opporturtunity yet so i think he is more likely to bring Edu.

also the fact Wenger said that the team was too small yesterday...Vieira/Edu would maybe bring a bit of confidence back at dead ball kicks.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe. It's hard to see what Wenger may do. I also think this may be RVP's league debut as opposed to Dennis playing, as he's been playing like lettuce for sometime now.

·
63,337 Posts
van Persie should play yes, he always gives us a buzz when he comes on with his enthusiasm and great movement.

Dennis i think should only play once a week now, although i don't blame him yesterday, too many balls in the air for him to do much.

good to see van Persie is great coming off the bench though, that's a good weapon to have, i think if Wenger had have given him half hour yesterday we would have won the match.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd also like to see Ashley have a week off. He looks really tired if you ask me, probably still not recovered from van Snideyface trying to snap his knee in half, and we have GC22 able to come in at any time and do just as good of a job.

Ash deserves a rest if you ask me. It's his birthday the day after.

·
63,337 Posts
we could affoird to even if Clichy is crap (which he isn't he's brill), Pompey have been shit since Harry left, even on Saturday though they got a draw they were still supposed to be pony.

i'd stick Lupoli on the bench as well if it was down to me and give him 20 minutes when we are 5-0 up.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I'd like to see Lupes get on the bench too. You never know, he might bag one late on when the game is fizzling out. A nice pass from a subbed-on Cesc, the two 17-year-olds combining ;)

·
63,337 Posts
i can't wait to see Lupoli play with Henry and co in the 1st team, he will get loads of chances.

FEED THE WOLF AND HE WILL SCORE !!! :D

·
Registered
791 Posts
My team would be;

--------Big Al
Lauren--Kolo--Sol---Clichy
Pennant--Flamini--Vieira--Pires
-----RVP---Titi

But it will probably be unchanged from the Chelski game.

I prefer Lehmann because at least he tries to command his box but Wenger has made his choice and will stick with it until Al makes another howler.

Cole needs a rest, his performances have dipped recently and I suspect its the knee again. We have a more than capable understudy and if im honest I would like to see clichy anyway.

It would be good to also give Cesc a good rest now we have Paddy back.

Reyes is lucky that Freddi has the migraine problems because he would be the first I would give the boot. I would put Pennant on the right and Pires on the left but I highy doubt wenger would go for that.

I love Dennis but his form has been dreadful and surely RVP deserves his chance.

·
63,337 Posts
Swiftwilly said:
hows the prediction league coming? i am first right?
no i think you are bottom of the table now, i am winning by a big margin now, i have got almost everything right while you were pissing it up in China. :proud:

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Portsmouth 1-3 Arsenal

(Yakubu...Henry,Freddie,Vieira)

1 - 20 of 132 Posts