1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thats one hell of a loss
--------------------------

Portsmouth announce loss of £23m

Portsmouth have recorded a loss of over £23m for the financial year ending 31st May 2007.

The club's wage bill increased to more than £30m as the playing staff at Fratton Park almost doubled.

The financial period covers the 2006-7 season, which saw Pompey secure their highest finish in the Premier League as they came ninth.

A Portsmouth spokesman told BBC Radio Solent that the results were in line with the club's expectations.

·
Premium Member
31,455 Posts
They would have signed after that date mostly, wouldn't they? Campbell's signing on fee was on there, so will Niko.

The next one should be interesting, with all those guys plus Defoe, Diarra and Johnson on there.

But yeah, I don't think they're being run for profit, so whatever.

·
Premium Member
31,455 Posts
I don't think they'll sell Niko.

Niko is a weird one anyway. I think he's very good for a high mid-table side, but if he went to a top 4 side he'd end up like Benayoun, playing mostly from the bench and starting in smaller games.

He'd be better off staying where he is, imo.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts

Niko is a weird one anyway. I think he's very good for a high mid-table side, but if he went to a top 4 side he'd end up like Benayoun, playing mostly from the bench and starting in smaller games.

That's right.

At least for one more season, especially since Pompey will be in Europe.

·
Thought Criminal
14,014 Posts

i agree, but if he stays another season this is uncharted territory so i would think he would keep improving

·
Registered
399 Posts
speaking on behalf of the majority of Portsmouth fans I can tell you that they would not be sad to see the back of Niko, his goal against west ham the other night is indicative of of the type of player he is, scoring a rare goal then living off it for months on end. Let him go to a top four club, I doubt there will be any takers anyway....Portsmouth will get by just fine without him.

TGO - would you like to correct your statement from earlier in the season where you ascerted that citeh would finish higher then Pompey??? Glad you have Benji now.....great business!!!

·
Thought Criminal
14,014 Posts
speaking on behalf of the majority of Portsmouth fans I can tell you that they would not be sad to see the back of Niko, his goal against west ham the other night is indicative of of the type of player he is, scoring a rare goal then living off it for months on end. Let him go to a top four club, I doubt there will be any takers anyway....Portsmouth will get by just fine without him.

:howler:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts

TGO - would you like to correct your statement from earlier in the season where you ascerted that citeh would finish higher then Pompey??? Glad you have Benji now.....great business!!!
Out of all the losers on this board you truly take the cake:rollani:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Croatian batsman.....if your going to use an English metaphor - get it right.
Its - take the biscuit clever boy - not cake!!!
You probably claim to speak my language as well!!
Your welcome to keep coming on here and making yourself look dumb though if that's what makes you happy.

TGO - that was a fluke result in an unusual game and you know it.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Fluke :howler: We were the better side. Maybe you should teach your goalkeeper to put it into row Z or Campbell and Distin to talk to each other. We were more secure than you at the back with two full backs at centre-back, a 20 year old debutant at left back, and an attacking midfielder at right back.

·
Thought Criminal
14,014 Posts
Croatian batsman.....if your going to use an English metaphor - get it right.
Its - take the biscuit clever boy - not cake!!!
You probably claim to speak my language as well!!
Your welcome to keep coming on here and making yourself look dumb though if that's what makes you happy.

TGO - that was a fluke result in an unusual game and you know it.
no its take the cake.

take the biscuit? ive never heard that in my life. you goober. :howler:

·
Registered
399 Posts
well.....with a name like....Cevappaci Kid - your hardly gonna be guru on English slang are ya!

You truely are prize knob of gargantuan proportions, I pity your poor mother who must be so disapointed in her retarded son!

You know.....I don't even need to respond to your posts any more you've become an expert in making yourself look like a dumbass on your own.

Away you go!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts