Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Portsmouth and AEK wants Awatt , Portsmouth interested in Gershon

in the last 24 hours various reports suggested that Portsmouth is following Dudu Awatt. He will be invited for a trial with the club shortly into July, and today it's being reported that SHimon Gershon's agent is negotiating with the same club and another Premier league side. According to the agent Zehavi the deal could be done soon.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Re: Portsmouth wants Awatt and Gershon

It would be nice to see some other Israelis playing in England beside Berkovic. But specially Guershon in going to Portsmouth or staying at Hapoel Tel-Aviv I believe he should stay. Maybe a Premier League would be intresting to leave Hapoel.

As for Awat, he has better reasons to leave to England since Davidovic is back to Maccabi Haifa, Hapoel Haifa are in Liga Leumit and the other big clubs already have their keepers selected.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Its not yet done the deal.

Remember! There is a couple of steps here.

First of all, Gershon is intrested and always was to go to a Foreign Team. Im not sure if Hapoel Tel Aviv will die to keep him. They might be intrested in smaller stars from Poland, Croatia, etc....

Gershon can make a deal with Portsmouth or maybe he can make a deal with another premier leauge team...maybe Man city or Charlton, west ham, or even Blackburn who are still intrested in him

As for Awatt, i also heard that AEK from Greece as taken a look at him and are intrested.

So we will see.... :)

but this is good!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Yes AEK is also showing interest in Awat.

It will be good to see 2 more Israelis playing the same club, hopefully they can also help that club get promoted to the Premier League.

But of course they will have to sign there first...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Im not very keen on having 2 israelis in the same team!

But im happy that AEK shown some intrest in Awat.

What happened to the offer with Shavit Elimelech and Olympiakos?? is it still on the table?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Even if Portsmouth is not a big name even in its relatively low division, I think it's a good idea for both of them to go there. Gershon as talented as he is needs to sort out his marking and be more pyshicall then he is right now. Playing in a tough division like the English First Div. Would certainly serve those purposes. Awatt, who is a promising goalkepeer HAS to improve his game in the air for sure and if he becomes a good keeper in Portsmouth it should be good enough. I hope. I don't know much about Portsmouth except that Ejiofor used to play on them and they're the current club of the famous Croatian player Robert Prosinecki, hopefully wherever the two go they do well, whether it's in England or Greece or whatever. They have to move abroad soon, that's the most important thing.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Whatever it is, portsmouth maybe rebuilding.

And who knows...maybe next season they will be promoted in the EPL, you never know. The chances for that are very good for portmouth. This season they didn't have a good team, but maybe there fixing it.

IN any chance, Awatt looks like the man for the job.

As for Gershon, i still like to see him go to Blackburn!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is Gershon ready for the Blackburn pressure ? ler him gain experience first !

Anyone change the title to AEK and portsmoth want awatt, porttsmouth want gershon..

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So if Blackburn isn't a contender who is? Fulham? Westham??

Gershon is a good defender!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
As a NT Fan, he sucks.

As a promenente fan of Israel's UEFA success...he sucks..

But as a defender he is good.

And as a would be foreign player, he is good!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hmm...

Gershon is wanted or was offered to the next Italian clubs: Como, Reggina and Perugia. The first two have gained promotion to Serie A last season.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So your saying Perugia did get promotion?

Are they going for any big names in Italy or Europe for there squad next season?

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Having some readin issues my friend, Perugia has not been relegated to Serie B and therefore did not need promotion to Serie A. The first two were Reggina and Como.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
OOo okay :p

So thats good, i would like to see him in those sides playing hopefully

we only had 1 player who played in italy and it was Nimmy, right?

was he a big issues for Brecsia?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tal Banin played in Brescia for 2 seasons, not Avi Nimni

by the way, sportline says Awatt will be tested in Portsmouth but the Portsmouth manager wants Shaka Hislop of West Ham or Sasa Ilic of Charlton. both agree to move and Hislop despite being expensive is his top priority, so Awatt will most probably won't be signed by the team

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
So.......

Sides, Portmouth making a big mistake without signing Awatt....First of all he is not as expensive as the West ham and Charlton GK, and second of all if Shaka Hislop leaves, there will be a lot of chaos in West ham. So i think Awatt is still a priorty.

But i hope as the time fluxes on there will be more teams added who are intrested in him.

Im not going to be suprised if Portsmouth will fail. As always im not keen on having Awatt go to a team that:
a) does not want him
b) bound to fail

Unlike the Berkovic issue, Man City changed and got better...

I don't recall since the skanky 70's that portmouth was in the E.P.L? can someone reassure me on this?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts