Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porto have beaten Royal Liege 1-0 in there 1st preparation game with a goal from Romeu apparently it was a back-heeled goal...

Porto started with this team

- RUI CORREIA
- NELSON
- RICARDO SILVA
- JORGE ANDRADE
- ESQUERDINHA
- PAULINHO SANTOS
- CANDIDO COSTA
- PAVLIN
- RUBENS JUNIOR
- DOMINGOS
- CLAYTON

I THINK THE SCORE COULD HAVE BEEN HIGHER...

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
well its not our first team....no Paredes, Leandro,Capucho, Drulovic, Deco or Alenitchev...yet we still beat the 3rd best team in Belgium........watch out Sporting/Benfica!

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
No FC Liege (or Royal Liege as Portista put it - same thing) are not the 3rd best team in Belgium - they are a 2nd division team in Belgium.

You must be confused with Standard Liege who we were supposed to play last Tuesday, but they postponed the match because of their Intertoto Cup commitments.

So that 1-0 win was OK. I saw the goal highlights at lunchtime and it was a scrappy match in wet conditions. Romeu's goal was just a boot he stuck out at a shot driven into the box. But yes we should of won 3 or 4 nil.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Porto should have & deseved 2 double that score but apparently F.C. LIEGE played with 6 defenders & all the midfielders were behind the ball which makes it impossible to play in these circumstances...

I see a good season this year F.C.LIEGE'S 1st shot came on the 54th minute... OMG!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts