Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think its time we cleaned things up a little at the Antas. Our domestic success in recent years has slowly dropped, and failure to retain the Championship again will surely have to result in a clear out.

We need new players...and Pinta da Costa needs to spend some REAL cash this time!! We need to buy a £5m - £8m player...but a proven player. I would reccommend Sa Pinto - he is a Portista and has dreamed of playing for us...but I look back at Ivica Kralj and wonder if Pinta da Costa is worried about another flop like him. Any suggestions?? Who would other Porto fans reccommend as a possible Jardel replacement??

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
first off welcome to the board Dani. We need more portista's around here...me, Jardel, and Ola are not enough.

Second..yeah I would like to see a proven star come to Porto. But wait...Paredes is a star already. If Jardel goes we have a couple of guys I think that can score goals...Domingos and Miki. Well.....only time will tell....lets see this summer

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!

I disagree. Lets look back and we'll see that Porto's success was not based on and should not be based on signing big $ players to save the day. Our success is and should continue to be based on patience and good scouting. Look at Benfica and we see a team that every year spends $ (where ever they can steal it from or swindle it from) on a saviour every year that is suppose to save their arse and win them a championship. Paredes was a great acquisition and he should do well in Portugal. He's a typical Porto acquisition. A great player that has attracted some attention from other teams, but nothing too major. Porto bought him for a very good price and should be able to flip him in about three or five years. FCP has the ability to sign average players and then have those players use Portugal as a stepping stone to other leagues in Europe. I agree that Sa Pinto would be a great acquisition, however I am not really sure that I would want him on FCP. Any player who assaults his coach for whatever reason is a novela waiting to happen. Let Benfica have him, they tend to relish that crap. What FCP needs to resolve is their goaltending problem. Personally, I think Baia is done as dinner. As I said in the past, anyone who has a history of knee problems and has had one or two knee operations is damaged goods. As FCP fans we need to let go of the past and look forward to the future. If we bought him back, and it would not be cheap, we could probably get about a year or two out of him with some injuries. What PDC needs to do is return Baia to Barca and spend some $ on a keeper. Hillario is not the answer to our goalkeeping issues. As Marcoa said, Hillario is great in the primeira, but outside of that ..... well enough said.

------------------
Viva O Norte
Viva Porto
Viva Futebol Clube do Porto
Viva Pinto da Costa

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
I think we are all flipping out now that we are not league leaders this late in the year. As OLA pointed out our success revolves around good scouting and buying talented players on the cheap.

Hilario at times amazes me and at other times makes me cringe. I don't know if Ovchinikov is the answer to our problems. The only solace I have with Ovchinikov is that Russia traditionally produces strong goalies.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts