Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porto fan here. Well, we are playing just horrible. Awful. I don't remember Porto playing like this season. And it's frustrating cause nobody knows why. We have some very talented players, but they are young and feeling to much pressure. I think you have a good chance to go through. You can explore our "home factor". We can't win a match in Dragao! If you don't win in Dragao, than we have a chance in San Siro. Seriously, this atypical season Porto is winning away and loosing or draw home. Frustrating! If we don't score in first half, Inter players are going to think they are in San Siro. The crowd turns against Porto.

Porto, player by player:

Baia- well, you all know him. A great career and the age didn't catch him.

Seitaridis- you all know the greek fabulous right back. He is very good defending, but not that great attacking.

Jorge Costa(suspended I think) the soul of Porto, maybe Ricardo Costa to be in his place...a younger portuguese DC, and I'm SCARED if he plays...but he's still better than Pepe, the other DC...if Pepe plays, than I'm panic!

Pedro Emanuel- DC...sooooooo underrated. He is one of the most inteligent defenders I've ever seen. If he was faster, he could be a top defender.

Nuno Valente- You know him. Very solid, but he's playing his first games, cause he was injured since August to January. He is out of pace

Midfield

Costinha- you know this one too. Great 2 seasons for Porto. An influent player in Portugal NT. Great in the air, a superb tactical player, but he lacks quality when the subject is passing the ball. Out of shape this season.

Maniche- great player. But, he was injured 2 months, and still looking his best form.

Diego(suspended)- an old fashion number 10. You can see the talent is there, but he was very disappointing so far. In his place maybe it's Bosingwa(playing very well, but lacks some techique) Meireles or Leo Lima, two average players.

Quaresma- Great talent. Like all the others, he lacks confidence in this moment, but he is more talented than Diego or Carlos Alberto. He has been maybe our best player this season, but he's not very well when it comes to dribbling(when he's on fire he is more impressive in that department than Cristiano Ronaldo), cause he's feeling to much pressure to release the ball fast.

Claudio Pittbull- Derlei replacement. He is a winger\forward, and looks good. Not very skillfull but very dinamic and a genuine fighter. He was one of the topscorers in Brasileirao.

Luis Fabiano- he made the partnership attack with your Adriano, in Copa America. Highly rated in Brasil, he is absolutely disappointing so far. 2 goals! That says all. Talented, but can't understand what is going on with him.

We have McCarthy(you know him), Postiga(talented but awful since 2003/2004) and maybe the 17 years old Bruno Gama. A typical portuguese winger, very skillfull and set for debut with this new coach.

The sad thing is, that Porto conquered Uefa Cup and CL, in 2 years(how many achieve this?), and still not highly rated by fans over the world. Simply, cause is a portuguese team. But now look Porto eleven, 2002/2003, 2003/2004
Baia; Paulo Ferreira, Carvalho, J.Costa, N.Valente; Costinha, Maniche, Deco; Carlos Alberto(Capucho), McCarthy(Postiga), Derlei

They were unknown players in 2002...Nobody rate them that time, when I was in foruns saying that Porto was playing the best football in europe. Look what happened...It was not a fluke, the thing his...we play in the portuguese league. Just that!

About Inter. Believe this...Coincidence: this season I've only saw 20 minutes of Inter(I can't see the Italian League first time in years... Well. It was the last 20 minutes against Sampdoria(0-2, 3-2) in San Siro . I'm really really scared
 

·
U get what U give
Joined
·
8,784 Posts
Hmm.. don`t be so scared cause I`m sure Mancio wont let Recoba play in this game.
so nothing to worry about.
:(
 

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
Joined
·
31,893 Posts
Thanks for keeping us updated... JoaoSantos.

Every team in the CL has its own influential talents.

Perhaps as an outsider, that Mourinho-thing is too significant to be missed... I wonder what Porto fans may think.

Mancio wouldn't have any excuses not to go through this stage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,489 Posts
we can be eliminated only by the draw rule
bcz we cant loose maybe we will loose in the seria a but in the cl no way
i think we will JUST CRUSH PORTO
5-0
or smth
smth of a copy of the game which happened in stadio messtalia
porto cant stop us really
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,942 Posts
Thanks alot for this feed back. Mancio seriously this isnt gonna be easy but common look at Porto do they look like the side of last year. If it was last years Porto i would be scared but it NOT so noithing less than wins in both legs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,624 Posts
With Porto in their current form, we should be able to steal a win in Dragao. Our defense has improved immensely since the beginning of the season, however its nowhere close to championship material. Not with the likes of Favalli around.

A lot will depend on Porto's ability to exploit our defensive weaknesses. If they can play up to their maximum ability, I'm sure they could score a couple of goals against us.

Its about time Adriano returned to scoring with a bang, and if not in Udine tonight, I'm sure he won't fail to impress in Dragao.

I expect a convincing away win, but anything can happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't get to carried

Well, Porto is playing horrible but remember that last year you struggle to pass Benfica...I know Inter is better this season but who knows. Don't expect a 5-0, 4-0 in Dragao like someone wrote here. I think in a totaly tottaly unbiased view, that is 65% chances for Inter, 35% for Porto. I predict a 0-0 or 0-1 in Dragao, and 0-0, 1-0 in San Siro. I don't expect many goals in both hands.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,489 Posts
u know someone(joaosantos)
its not someone its COOLNTALL

and i said what i said
 

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
Joined
·
4,108 Posts
I believe it will be a tight match won by the odd goal.
 

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
Joined
·
45,797 Posts
I doubt it. I think it will be a shootout. Two teams with okay defenses and good talent on the attacking side. It will be amulti goal affair. I'm sure of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,514 Posts
we are favourites but i dont think its wise to get carried away.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top