Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup! Javi Garcia Portillo is back guys! Few minutes ago Real Madrid met with Fiorentina and now he is coming back to Madrid.

A good move if you ask me, we didn't pay anything and he wasn't getting any chances in italy.

Welcome back kid!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
He should've been loaned out to another Liga club to get playing time, now he'll just rot on the bench behind Raul and Ronaldo.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Jamal said:
He should've been loaned out to another Liga club to get playing time, now he'll just rot on the bench behind Raul and Ronaldo.
Exactly :thmbup: :depress:

It's a bit obvious he'll leave us anyway. I don't see him replacing any of the 3 strikers

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
They said that about Celades!

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Good smart move on behalf of Madrid, gives us a cushion, whether he plays or not!

He is the second direct striker after Ron. He will play, I can assure you!

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
your right guys but well need him even as substitute. just guess one striker gets injured we wont have any reserve striker. (except part-time strikers as Solari and Guti) Sad as it is for Portillo, but with Moro gone we need another striker sub.

·
20,440 Posts
GICA not playing in Fiorentina and not playing in RM what makes the difference? Also he is still a Real Madrid player only loaned out to Real Madrid. Sure a striker from RM B would be an option, but since hes got more experiences hed be the best choise. Anyway, its not sure yet since the loan contract was intended for a year.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
if he wasn't getting any playing minutes in Fiorentina then you can say it is good for him.
(i mean, better to rot in the bench in your home town then in a another country...).
but if he looks at this as better way to advance his career, he is doing a big mistake.
perez will never let him play. maybe 4-5 minutes each game to replace ronaldo....

·
20,440 Posts
hes still a better chance for a further move directly from Real Madrid than at any other club.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
I think, personally, that Portillo's got all the urge and character to be a complete forward/striker of any mould, he is decisive in front of goal, there is no doubt about that, he has that particular gift to exhibit the combination of technique and finishing in a split-second pace, and has the cultured skill and fortitude to subsist as a persistent striker for years to come, which evidently leads him to acquire the “potential” status, in my opinion, to gain and be one of the best strikers in Spain or even in Europe, if he has more playing time, which seems unlikely but so far V. Luxembergo hasn’t made his final mark yet with his meticulous strategic framework of the squad in terms of formation, tactics and etc. so we will wait, hope, and see. But overall, it is far wiser and better to have him, rather then waste money on another striker, where the club would use that money to get DM reinforcements instead.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Actually he played a few games in Fiorentina and even scored 1 goal in serie A...
I doubt that he'll play more in Real Madrid but we need a 4th striker and he's the best option for us. probably not the best move for Portillo career wise.

anyway welcome back Portillo :)

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
My thoughts excatly :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
If I were Portillo, I would try to move as soon as possible, there's life beyond Real Madrid and he won't have a place... mainly because he doesn't have the level to play there.

If he's there to play 4-5 min to replace Ronaldo, as sagyv said, what the hell is Owen doing there? :tongue:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Koeman4 said:
If he's there to play 4-5 min to replace Ronaldo, as sagyv said, what the hell is Owen doing there? :tongue:
playing cope del rey.... :dielaugh: :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts