Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
porko have apparently been trying there hardest to sign up certain Benfica players, theyve already got Maniche (no loss really, though i use to think he was ok) but reports suggest they tried to get Enke and wanted him to be presented at their 50 anniversary celebration (yuck).

Now there is reports coming out that they have an agreement with guess who - - - - Jankauskas

Now that SLB didnt take up the option on the player that expired yesterday becuase he cost more than we can afford, porko are there to swap, no doubt as a payback for the possible almost free signing of Feher from them. Jan will become the most hated man in Lisbon if he signs up for those scum, he has stated publicly that he wishes to stay at Benfica & asked Sociedad to lower their asking price. This news comes after a day from when he stated "Benfica is a religion".
 

·
International
Joined
·
5,629 Posts
Jank is too expensive, although I really like him. If Benfica is smart, they'll let him go and sign Feher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,189 Posts
Cheers guys thanks to your poor management we've swooped a decent striker :) Those 'monkeys who couldn't run a lemonade stand' have once again down themselves proud!

I must admit I didn't see this one coming, but its good to see Jank come to his senses and make the right choice. A poor mans Jardel is probably a decent description but he aint that bad of a player with lots of experience.

When he joined you guys I instantly thought he would score more goals than Mantorras and he certainly did. As a defender he's more of a handful than Mantorras (in Portugal anyway).

As for Feher, I'd like him to stay at FCP coz he certainly has talent but on the down side he's damaged goods and hasn't played much competitive football for an entire season. But if he leaves I'm sure PDC will be glad to see the back of him in some ways but sad to see the talent go.

And Jank was right - Benfica is a religion - You guys are always praying for a UEFA Cup spot and to one day hold Porto to a draw at Antas :dielaugh: Keep on praying holy ones :angel:
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
Dan said:
Cheers guys thanks to your poor management we've swooped a decent striker :) Those 'monkeys who couldn't run a lemonade stand' have once again down themselves proud!

I must admit I didn't see this one coming, but its good to see Jank come to his senses and make the right choice. A poor mans Jardel is probably a decent description but he aint that bad of a player with lots of experience.

When he joined you guys I instantly thought he would score more goals than Mantorras and he certainly did. As a defender he's more of a handful than Mantorras (in Portugal anyway).

As for Feher, I'd like him to stay at FCP coz he certainly has talent but on the down side he's damaged goods and hasn't played much competitive football for an entire season. But if he leaves I'm sure PDC will be glad to see the back of him in some ways but sad to see the talent go.

And Jank was right - Benfica is a religion - You guys are always praying for a UEFA Cup spot and to one day hold Porto to a draw at Antas :dielaugh: Keep on praying holy ones :angel:
TROLL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Sing it Jank

"Don't cry for me Benficaaaa.... The truth is ... I'm in a better place"

He's right though, Benfica is a religion.... same way Nazis became a religion!
:tongue: :howler: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,490 Posts
Muzza said:
He's right though, Benfica is a religion.... same way Nazis became a religion!
:tongue: :howler: :D
Speaking of which...don't you boys have a Hitler Youth Rally to attend somewhere? You guys are pathetic - like ants on a popscicle by the side of the road.

I'm certainly bummed to see Janky go as I thought he was a good acquisition - he's certainly better than either Pena or McCarthy, so good for Porto; but in case you hadn't heard (I know a lot of Portistas can't read), the JVA era is over and in its stead (that's the same as "place" in case you don't have a thesaurus...huh?...Oh, well a thesaurus is a...aw, forget it) is the kick-ass duo of Vilarinho and Vieira who completely turned around the disasterous financial situation of the club. And now it's onto the on-the-field turnaround; meaning - that they're not letting Jankauskaus walk for nothing without having another plan in the works. The very fact that there have been few "big" signings/announcements thus far is encouraging to me; namely because that indicates that the players who are en route are busy in Korea/Japan (Can you hear me, Nuno Gomes?).

Can't say the same for Porto, can I? While PDC's rubbing one out to his Jankauskaus poster and dislocating his shoulder patting himself on the back with the other hand for "stealing" a forward who might not even start at Benfica next season (spite makes men do stupid things, don't it?), Benfica's waiting for the real talent to become available.

Benfica Championship Parade...coming to the streets of Lisboa in the spring of 2003!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
Well at least u haven't lost your sense of humor, Razor.

Benfica has another plan? And we thought no Jank due to no money :greed: U guys fooled everyone again. ;)
 

·
International
Joined
·
5,629 Posts
What a coincedence, rumors of a Benfica player going over to the dark side and the Porto trolls have wet dreams!

Feher to Benfica...for almost nothing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
OT: Check this Soccer Joke out!!!Most loyal fans in the world!!!!

A Sporting fan , a Benfica fan and a Porto fan were all in

>> Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of booze.
>>
>>
>> All of the sudden Saudi police rushed in and arrested them. The mere
>> possession of alcohol is a severe offense in Saudi Arabia, so for the
>> terrible crime of actually being caught consuming the booze, they were
>> sentenced to death! However, after many months and with the help of very
>> good lawyers, they were able to successfully appeal their sentence down
to
>> life imprisonment.
>>
>>
>>
>> By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day their trial
>> finished, and the extremely benevolent Sheikh decided they could be
>> released after receiving just 20 lashes each of the whip.
>>
>>
>>
>> As they were preparing for their punishment, the Sheikh suddenly said,
>> "It's my first wife's birthday today, and she has asked me to allow each
>> of
>> you one wish before your whipping."
>>
>>
>>
>> The SLB fan was first in line (he had drunk the least), so he thought
>> about this for a while and then said, "Please tie a pillow to my back."
>> This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went
>> through. The SLB had to be carried away bleeding and crying with
pain
>> when the punishment was done.
>>
>>
>>
>> The Porto fan was next up (he almost finished an entire fifth by
>> himself),
>> and after watching the scene, said "All Right! Please fix two pillows on
>> my
>> back." But even two pillows could only take 15 lashes before the whip
went
>> through again, sending the Porto fan out crying like a little girl.
>>
>>
>>
>> The SCP fan was the last one up (he had finished off the crate), but
>> before he could say anything, the Sheikh turned to him and said, "You
>> support the greatest Futebol team in the world, your supporters are the
>> best and most loyal Futebol fans in all the world. For this, you may
have
>> two wishes!"
>>
>>
>>
>> "Thanks, your most Royal Highness," the SCP fan replies. "In
>> recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20,
>> but
>> 100 lashes."
>>
>>
>>
>> "Not only are you an honorable, handsome and powerful man, you are also
>> very brave," the Sheik says with an admiring look on his face. "If 100
>> lashes is what you desire, then so be it. And your second wish? What is
it
>> to be?" the Sheik asks.
>>
>>
>>
>> "Tie the Porto fan to my back." :D!!!

-------------------

The joke is really supposed to be a Yankee, Red Sox fan, and a Cub Fan with the BoSox fan getting the 2 wished and asking to tie the Yankee fan to his back!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Dan said:
Cheers guys thanks to your poor management we've swooped a decent striker :) Those 'monkeys who couldn't run a lemonade stand' have once again down themselves proud!

I must admit I didn't see this one coming, but its good to see Jank come to his senses and make the right choice. A poor mans Jardel is probably a decent description but he aint that bad of a player with lots of experience.

When he joined you guys I instantly thought he would score more goals than Mantorras and he certainly did. As a defender he's more of a handful than Mantorras (in Portugal anyway).

As for Feher, I'd like him to stay at FCP coz he certainly has talent but on the down side he's damaged goods and hasn't played much competitive football for an entire season. But if he leaves I'm sure PDC will be glad to see the back of him in some ways but sad to see the talent go.

And Jank was right - Benfica is a religion - You guys are always praying for a UEFA Cup spot and to one day hold Porto to a draw at Antas :dielaugh: Keep on praying holy ones :angel:

Once again, Porkistas come out of their caves to brave some of the outdoors :wth:

Go back to your holes before the sun melts you away :D

BTW, take two of these :finger: :finger:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,189 Posts
Is that the best you can do???? :wth: :rollani:

You think the management is better now eh....I couldn't help noticing Enke walking off to Barcelona. I'm sure he'll enjoy keeping the bench warm there. I guess he won't have to suffer on the Barca bench. There's no way he'll concede 7 goals to Celta over there ;) Geez I guess he must of been fed up with picking the ball out of the net all the time :dielaugh: Understandable....

I can see the Benfica Spring 2003 summer party already....you guys celebrating another 4th place in the league - but don't worry...as usual Porto will be the sole Portuguese side to actually play well in Europe and save your a$$es by improving our ranking and that 4th place will very soon be available for a UEFA Cup spot. So I guess there is some light at the end of the tunnel for little old Benfica...

From what I've seen in the World Cup so far several players have got Benfica class written all over them. They really would do Benfica proud and I'm sure they would be pretty cheap for even your bank account....

Lady's and Gentleman, the Benfica board present an entire new defence to the fans......
























The Saudi Arabian back 4 :dielaugh: Oh, and the keeper too :dielaugh:

Oh and Zahovic looked good against Spain too :dielaugh: Geez no wonder he was subbed...
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
URATOOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,490 Posts
Dan said:
Is that the best you can do???? :wth: :rollani:

You think the management is better now eh....I couldn't help noticing Enke walking off to Barcelona. I'm sure he'll enjoy keeping the bench warm there. I guess he won't have to suffer on the Barca bench. There's no way he'll concede 7 goals to Celta over there ;) Geez I guess he must of been fed up with picking the ball out of the net all the time :dielaugh: Understandable....

I can see the Benfica Spring 2003 summer party already....you guys celebrating another 4th place in the league - but don't worry...as usual Porto will be the sole Portuguese side to actually play well in Europe and save your a$$es by improving our ranking and that 4th place will very soon be available for a UEFA Cup spot. So I guess there is some light at the end of the tunnel for little old Benfica...

From what I've seen in the World Cup so far several players have got Benfica class written all over them. They really would do Benfica proud and I'm sure they would be pretty cheap for even your bank account....

Lady's and Gentleman, the Benfica board present an entire new defence to the fans......
























The Saudi Arabian back 4 :dielaugh: Oh, and the keeper too :dielaugh:

Oh and Zahovic looked good against Spain too :dielaugh: Geez no wonder he was subbed...
OK...let's break out our trusty "Dan/Portista Talking Points" handy reference checklist:

- Benfica loss to Celta Vigo 4 years ago: CHECK
- Porto's "Penta": NOT USED
- Benfica's financial situation/lemonade joke: NOT USED
- Benfica not in UEFA-competition: CHECK
- PDC is God: NOT USED
- Porto single-handedly keeping Portuguese futebol afloat in Europe: CHECK
- Deco is God: NOT USED

Not bad Danny - you're getting better at this debate concept. You only relied on three from the list for this last lame attempt at a rebuttal.

However, you do get points however for being the first Portista here to make a Benfica/Saudi player reference/attempt at a joke (the suspense was just killing me).

You're getting there - keep trying :hopeful:!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,288 Posts
Alrite people!!!

Dan, don't worry....i actually thought your post was quite funny.....but what was even funnier was that during the spain game, the commentator said zahovic was slovenia's only player who played for one of europe's elite clubs.......note pavlin and porto wasnt mentioned :) Not sure if the commentator was serious mind you.....but was still pretty funny!!!

As for Jankauskas, he's nowhere near as good as McCarthy and has nowhere near as much potential as Feher, so if it means we get feher and porto dont get McCarthy, it's a blessing in disguise!!
 

·
International
Joined
·
5,629 Posts
Welcome back SLB! :)

Couldn't agree with you more this time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,658 Posts
Dan the man, who writes alot of Spam :tongue:

Take two more of these :finger: :finger:

Typical Porkista, still has the Porko avatar although we should be bound together by the common World Cup we all share :wth:

We shall see what happens when the League starts and you can keep Jana because Feher will be better and is a bargain.

Don't forget, you might need Capucho to consult Jana on getting some of those booty choker shorts that those Porkista candy :ass: 's wear so he can fit into the team. Also, make sure Deco brushes him up on dirty futebol 101 and whining about refs 102.

Nuff said......What a dumb :ass:
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
SLB said:
Alrite people!!!

Dan, don't worry....i actually thought your post was quite funny.....but what was even funnier was that during the spain game, the commentator said zahovic was slovenia's only player who played for one of europe's elite clubs.......note pavlin and porto wasnt mentioned :) Not sure if the commentator was serious mind you.....but was still pretty funny!!!

As for Jankauskas, he's nowhere near as good as McCarthy and has nowhere near as much potential as Feher, so if it means we get feher and porto dont get McCarthy, it's a blessing in disguise!!
HOLY $HIT!!!!!
IS THIS SLB'S MUSIC?!?!?!?!!??!?

Welcome back from your exile.
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
Flotown said:

Take two more of these :finger: :finger:
I don't know why, but this is really starting to kill me:D

RedE- Did you go to the O&A "Celebrity" Softball Game?
 

·
International
Joined
·
5,629 Posts
Yes I did, believe it or not, go to the O&A Softball game.

It was very cool. Drank a few, saw some "rack", they hit the ball around, but we were busy drinking, listening to Ferrel, and of course spotting "rack".

Don't ask me what the score was...I left shortly after they made Stocker Patty bald. I think Ant's team was up by 4 or 5 runs at that time.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top