Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday the countries taking part into that "Pop-Idol" Idea crowned the best Pop Idol of all countries- the "Pop Idol -worldwide".
For those who have never heard of that all : its a talent show in some countries, where they search new singers to become a new Superstar. Countries taking part into that are Germany, England, Holland, Norway, South Africa, Belgium etc.
The guy who won is from Norway .
I would like to know wether anyone of you knows "Pop Idol" and wether your country has something like that. Or another talent show which can be compared to that. Is there also a so big hype about it -like with us in Germany?
What is your general opinion about talent shows in TV?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
yeah, in Belgium we had 'Idool' running last year.
Our winner was (obviously) the belgian guy who was sent to the World-idol thingy.

Didn't see the entire world-idolshow, but the Norway-guy was great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
can't believe the troll guy won it :eek: i wanted that sexy babe from poland to win it :drool: but i wouldn't mind kelly clarkson either, though she looks a little bit overweight :groan:
jamai really really sucked in this one, i didn't think he was that good anyway.
can't believe that only 12 freakin countries did idol though, where's spain, italy, france????

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
thanks for showing how shallow the show is, with everybody getting voted on how they look over talent. This being due to a distinct lack of talent being available.

People who watch this should be ashamed as they are the ones responsible for more series being commisioned.

·
Registered
59,016 Posts
Didn't see it but I read Jamai came last :eek: Dutch talent at it's best :howler: :D

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kampfschwein said:
yeah, in Belgium we had 'Idool' running last year.
Our winner was (obviously) the belgian guy who was sent to the World-idol thingy.

Didn't see the entire world-idolshow, but the Norway-guy was great. :thumbsup:
I liked Peter, I even voted for him!!!! :)
Could you tell me how many singles or albums he has out and wether I can get them somewhere in the net?

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wally said:
Didn't see it but I read Jamai came last :eek: Dutch talent at it's best :howler: :D
Alex K, our "superstar" was also worse, he finished 9th! He was torn into pieces by the jurors. He performed "Maniac" (the only quicker song there) and the american said he was "like an aerobic coach doing striptease ". :D I think he had a bad day, normally he is better. But I prefer his slower songs. He has a nice voice, but he can´t dance! So I would say he had the wrong title - with his winner song "take me tonight" (I love that....its beautiful....) his chances would have been better.
Wally, about Jamai: I think he is not that bad. But still very young. He has talent, but not enough to rule europe.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Abominus said:
can't believe the troll guy won it :eek: i wanted that sexy babe from poland to win it :drool: but i wouldn't mind kelly clarkson either, though she looks a little bit overweight :groan:
jamai really really sucked in this one, i didn't think he was that good anyway.
can't believe that only 12 freakin countries did idol though, where's spain, italy, france????
do the have an own "popidol- show" or other talent shows? Here only the countries having a pop-idol took part.
I liked the girl from Arabian countries, she didnt get what she would have deserved. But her fault maybe that she didnt sing in english.

BTW: how are the rules of pop-idol in your countries? In Germany it all starts with a casting where around 20.000 people take part. 150 are chosen for a re-call and from that they take 50 for 5 TV shows , where the viewers can chose their favourite 2 in every show. Then there is a "second chance- show", where 2 (this time 3 , because the jury could not decide) others get a place for the final shows. One voted by the viewers, one voted by the jury.
After that all 12 persons are into the "Motto-shows" (every week has a different topic) and every week one person is voted out.
At the end we have 2 persons left and the public decides between them.
We have the second issue right now , the first was won by Alexander K. against a girl called Juliette. The german superstar then had 3 number 1 singles and a number 1 album.
Worldwide he seems to be a litlle number. But he got full points by the arabian countries..... I would try to sell singles there. *lol*

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
I remember one girl with a very hot bod during last years German Idols. :drool: To bad this girl had no singing voice what so ever. Here it seems that some girls get to go through based on looks....

Anyways, the reason for me to kick this topic back up:

As I was browsing through the Lazioforum (not XT), I suddenly got remembered that I had to post this link so you could see the idols who were 'simply the best' idols this season in Holland. :howler:

This took place in the Vitesse stadium at halftime during Vitesse-PSV at the end of december.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Michel said:
I remember one girl with a very hot bod during last years German Idols. :drool: To bad this girl had no singing voice what so ever. Here it seems that some girls get to go through based on looks....

Anyways, the reason for me to kick this topic back up:

As I was browsing through the Lazioforum (not XT), I suddenly got remembered that I had to post this link so you could see the idols who were 'simply the best' idols this season in Holland. :howler:

This took place in the Vitesse stadium at halftime during Vitesse-PSV at the end of december.
:eekani: :eekani: :eekani: :dielaugh:

OMIGOD!!!!!!!

I laughed so hard, I'm tearing. :proud:

"Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dweams"

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D:tongue:

They sure can't sing, but to be fair... you can tell some of them are nervous as hell. :D When your nerves are frayed that's it - your voice is bound to go haywire. Plus it didn't help that a few of them are singing horrendously out of pitch, must have screwed it up for those trying to salvage the song. I know how it feels like to sing alongside a tone deaf person. ;)

Just for curiosity's sake, are those people culled from contestants all over Holland or just from a particular district or area? Are they contestants who managed to get into the final round or something? I've never watched a single episode of Pop Idol of any country, but it's pretty damn hard to believe that the standards are that appalling. :D

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Absolutely hillarious, Michel.

:howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooool* :D
Whenever I see higlights like this I ask myself how some
people could have the courage to show their "skills" (if there were
some) in front of such an audiance.

Btw: To all those who´d like to hear someone who reall CAN sing: you should check out the worldidol, Kurt Nilsen from Norway.
http://www.kurtnilsenonline.de.vu then to "multimedia" .

A voice almost like Bono.
His album is the one I hear the most at the moment. I love this little hobbit (the jurors said he looked like a hobbit with the voice of an angel). He´s exellent. ;)
:) KURT ROCKS!!!! :)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
I liked Peter, I even voted for him!!!! :)
Could you tell me how many singles or albums he has out and wether I can get them somewhere in the net?
Cool man. :thumbsup: ;)

Voted for the guy too when he was in the belgian final of 'idool'.
I'm not really that much of a fan, but I always love the underdog. :strong:

Anyway, apparantly you can find music of him on his website.

http://www.rhubarb.be/start.html

BTW: Kurt Nielsen is a great singer. :star:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Michel said:
which girl do you mean? Was she under the finalists or early out? Can you remember her name, or describe her?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts