Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just heard on sky sports news momo may lose between 20 and 80% of sight in his right eye.

his career might be over before it really gets started :frownani:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Same injury as Scholesy, it is very unfortunate.

Benfica's Beto apologises to Sissoko

Benfica midfielder Beto has apologised to Liverpool's Momo Sissoko for his flying boot which led to his eye injury on Tuesday night.

"My boot caught Sissoko in the face and it opened a big wound around the eye," he said.

"I want to apologise - I did not mean to injure him. It was just a typical 50-50 midfield situation that happens all the time," said Beto.

"It happened, but I did not mean to harm him and I hope he recovers quickly."

·
Registered
574 Posts
it could also be too soon to jump to any real conclusions. the trauma is still fresh. but yea i hope it doesn't end his career :googly:

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Damn it, this is just horrible.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Detached retina....hope Momo pulls through. Just got a text from a mate of mine who is one of the top ophthalmologist's in the country and he said he's helping to look after Momo. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The liverpool site are now saying it could be alot better then the portugese doctors are saying, they need time (a week) for the swelling to go down before they can make a real judgement.

sight is everything to a footballer, infact in recent tests it was proven footballers appear to have a wider angled focus of their surroundings compared to ordinary folk.

for someone who plays in the centre of the park with people all around him constantly its essential he regains almost 100%.

if he doesnt, he may need to learn many things again.

I know a guy at work who has only 40% of the sight in one of his eyes, he was born that way I think. Doctors told him that with new technology they could virtually double it, then they told him he would have to learn to walk and drive his care again, being over 40 he said no thanks.

either way it will be quite a while before momo is back I feel

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
All the best to him. I was just about to mention Dean Shiels before marco beat me to it. As said - if it comes to the worst - then he can carry on playing, he's the kind that wont give up.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Get well soon.Momo Sissoko,Losing an eye is bloody serious.I dont want it to happen to even Pigo.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts