Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What the hell is going on in the Liverpool forum!!!??? Not a single topic is started by you, but that's not reaslly the problem! My problem is what the fuc* are you guys discussing? IS Zidane or Nakata going to come to Liverpool! What kind of a topic is that? With all due respect to your team, but what are world class guys like them gonna be looking for in a team like Liver? I know the team has a nice history, but at the moment you are just a OK team, which god knows wether or not it'll even make it inot the CL! If you won't do that I can tell you ZZ is certainly not coming to England. And one thing, outside of simply Liverpool being not good enough for them:
1) Nakata has just been bought, he will never be sold so soon!
2) Zidane has stated a number of times, his only possible destination is: Real Madrid or Barcelona

Baring these 2 things in mind and your clubs current status(I really hope your not offended, but I think I'm being realistic) the whole topic is pointless, don't you think?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
If you look at the history of the thing not many fans have felt that this is true and the current topic is about who would we prefer. ZZ has been a constant rumour for many reasons:
a) he has watched many poolmatches.
b) very good friends with Houllier.
c) Davids slip of the tongue
d) Refusing a new contract.

The Nakata thing was cos he might go to Man U and Roma will sell him possible cos:
a) he has a 60% play clause which will put pressure on Roma and
b) Totti plays exactly the way he did at Perugia so Nak is playing as a defensive mid at the moment.

At the end of the day no pool fans are getting carried away and no offence is taken as you are being realistic.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What thing that has interested me is the fact Zidane didn't accept a new contract. Till whne does the current one go? Can we get him on the Bosman rule? That would be totally awesome :)!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
don't get excited...he's on one until 2003 I think but Juve wanted to extend it to 2005. I would love it if ZZ came to Real M though, what a midfield that would make.
p.s. did Macca make up for his stupidity against Man U by winning a pen versus Espanyol???

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the goals and to be honest Baljic scored a very nice goal, and Anelka did even better to pick him out. Then Nic played soe good balls, had some really good shots, overall impressive. The penalty was a ball that came from Baljic, passed to Nic and Anelka once agin made a nice pass to Macca, but let's face it, if Steve would've scored when he got the ball i'd be surprised - there was a wall of defenders in front of him, only he never touched the ball because he was barged to the ground! So it wasn't much of a play from Macca, but I guess yu can treat it that way? ;)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
How did you get the goals, I have to wait until Wednesday to see them?
Anelka looking good as well as Bajlic-that's a good sign. Will Nic replace Mori me wonders against Bayern.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't you have something like televison in Wales ;) CNN international, Eurosport = Eurogoals, canal + the goals are everwhere, you just have to look for them! ;)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Problem is that if I want satellite then I have to go home. I am currntly living in my own flat (7 flat mates) but can't afford satellite (next year though).

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How old are you the pool?

And what is this about Travis? I love them, but they seem to be unobtainable here in Poland. I love their accent in that chat just before the song "Turn". But I find it rather impossible to do push-ups for 12 hours :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
19 - I've said this.
Travis are a cool band but do talk a lot of bollocks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
But they're cool coz they're from GLASGOW!!!
Although to me they are just a lot of Radiohead wannabes.
Why listen to Travis when we can listen to the great band who spawned almost all "band" music from the last 3 years? :)
Nigel Godrich anyone?
Radiohead made him into the world class producer that he is - he was a lowly sound assistant on OK Computer, then suddenly afterwards he became producer of other bands like Travis.
Radiohead are pure class. :)
Sorry to go off-topic so much, but hey i'm not even in the right forum :)

M

·
0 Posts
Bollocks = the way Liverpool played against Chelsea. That was the poorest performance by the club this season. But nevertheless I wanna ask WHO IS NAKATA?! that he might be too good to play for the Pool? In no way I felt offended by that comment, I'm just curious WHAT makes you think that anybody might be too good to play for Liverpool, especially if he's good enough to play for Roma? I agree, we are an OK not a great team at the moment, but there are very few teams who can fit in the great category. Even Real, if you put the history aside, do you think they've been a great team this season? I think they've had far too many unimpressive games and bad results both at home and in Europe, and let's face it, the bright future is not a certainty for Real. But I'd never bet against them simply because they are Real, the same applies to Liverpool. All we need now is a playmaker of Zidane's quality and if we get that I see no other team being better balanced or better equiped than us. And Nakata, if chosen, should be proud of being a part of Liverpool renaissanse, although I doubt that he is the player we need nor that he'll make the starting 11.

We'll see, the next season will bring all the answers. But man, Nakata-too good for Liverpool, that's a classic... I'd never have guessed that myself. How high do you rate that guy, can you give a clue? I mean, can you name a couple other players that you think belong to the same category?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Why Liverpool's fans could think up Nakata, but we don't? Though I never like him (Chinese ppl all dislike Japanese.), he is kinda a playmarker that we need. But I am afraid that Roma will offer much to us which means we will overpay for getting him. In my country, ppl said that his value not only shows from his play, but also from the market profit (raise the travel industry). It is true, Japanese all crazy for him and they are rich ppl. He is OK for me though not close to Zidane and Veron.

We talked about music here? funny, do anyone one here like Santana? :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First of all, we Real Madrid do not need Nakata. Why? Well, he is not a classic playmaker, he is more of a AM, exactly the same style as our beloved GUTI. And no one here wants to see Guti leaving?Am i right? If we want a playmaker Vasillis Tsartas is the solution, I and pool and Amoroso have stated this a number of times and I think it's time to get used to the name :) Other world class midfielders have to be Zizou, Veron and don't forget about Davids! Two weeks ago Keane would've been there too, but we all know why he isn't now :) :) :) :) :) :) hahahaha

About Santana: I hate him, he looks like a dog. Take a look at his face, a poodle! But I agree his music is tolerable, sometimes ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts