Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pompey have put a little run together, but we have to nip it in the bud, i can see the Spurs dropping points to West Brom so it's time to go to work. ;)

I expect to see RvP in the team to give him a match before the Juventus showdown.

...............Jens
Eboo...Kolo.....Sendo...Flam
..................Bert
Alex........Fab.............Bob
.........RvP.........Henry

COME ON ARSENAL! :fero:

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
if diaby is fit i think he could play in this one... walcott should be given a chance off the bench, in the last 2 matches we were leading comfortably and there would be no risk in putting on theo

·
Registered
877 Posts
ya Diaby has to play in the match or he might come off flat on the CL match. i'll stop speculating on when Theo will play..cos i think AW is just purposly having fun with the fans now..lol.

Jern i love the spot you placed Bert. Since he's been playing there he's been better

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Love to see RVP start but Manny has been solid the last few weeks so AW may start him and use RVP as a sub once again.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Manny has been very good, but i don't want to see van Persie play against Juve after just a couple of run outs, he needs a proper match.

·
Registered
42,613 Posts
The team is on a bit of a run, but it should only be the start. An away game to Fratton park will be a good test, a convincing away win will give further confidence to the team leading up to the big one.

Adebayor or RvP, both have done extremely well this season, over different periods obviously.

I won't have any qualms over who is selected, both players deserve to play, who will Wenger select though?

·
Registered
865 Posts
If we want to play Juve with 2 strikers(which I think is a must at Highbury), we need to let Robin play this match to gain match fitness.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think we need RvP against Juve, we can't rely on gifts from Ramos and Cicinho this time, we will need a bit of craft to create chances against Juventus, not just running into spaces they have vacated.

·
Registered
42,613 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I think we need RvP against Juve, we can't rely on gifts from Ramos and Cicinho this time, we will need a bit of craft to create chances against Juventus, not just running into spaces they have vacated.
That's true, so it's a good time to play Juve, when we're in excellent form, we believe in ourselves now to play beautiful football.

Apologies, this is pertaining to a different fixture.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ILA said:
That's true, so it's a good time to play Juve, when we're in excellent form, we believe in ourselves now to play beautiful football.
yes, we couldn't have a better time, but i think we need an extra special performance, so that includes Lord Persie for me.:stuckup:

apologies that i am not talking about Portsmouth here. ;)

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
yes, we couldn't have a better time, but i think we need an extra special performance, so that includes Lord Persie for me.:stuckup:

apologies that i am not talking about Portsmouth here. ;)
Well i can't promise anything special guys...

Edit: O wait you were talking about the 'real' Arsenal player

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
only if RVP scores a hattrik...then i'll think about it :tongue:

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4.15 am? that;'s just right for you ILA, bang slap in the middle of the day. :thumbsup:

btw, is it getting cooler in Melbourne yet?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
so its definitely on fox then ILA? well ill be a zombie for my 10:00am football game that day but its worth it to see the gunners!

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
good to hear that you now can breathe.
:D

Pompey are on a roll now but we'll just have to bring them back down to Earth. :D

RVP definitely has to play, Adebayor is cup-tied in the CL so the last thing we need is RVP facing Juve without having a proper match under his belt.

Same goes for Reyes, by the way.

I think Arsene will go with Jern's line-up, but Reyes will play. :thumbsup:

...............Jens
Eboo...Kolo.....Sendo...Flam
..................Bert
Alex........Fab.............JAR
.........RvP.........Henry

1 - 20 of 70 Posts