Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Games are comnig thick and fast..

Chelsea's first match at Pompey in Premiership history, it'll be lively and they'll aggro Wayne Bridge ;).

Joe Cole, Parker, Cudicini and John Terry are definately back. Petit, Makelele, Duff and Crespo may also be back.

Expect Eidur to start probs, with a midfield of Gronkjaer, Lamps, Parker and Joe Cole.

Prediction?

Portsmouth 1 Chelsea 3

(Lua Lua) (Gudjohnsen 2, Terry 1)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
3-0
mutu x2
lampard

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was comforable.

First 15 minutes we were class, Gronkjaer destroying them.

Lovely goal by Parker intricate play by him and Mutu.

Crespo scores after Jimmy hit the bar.. after Lampards fanatasia ball :).

Gudjohnsen and Mutu dind't really get in the game, and Crespo or Jimmy needed to be there really although their brief touchess n the ball = drool ;).

Pompey 0 - Chelsea 2

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I quite enjoyed the game, from a neutral viewpoint.

I think Sullivan has shown why hes the reserve keeper. :)

Terry was awesome last night, I'm looking forward to seeing him at the back for England with Ferdy out. With Frankie and Scott in the middle I did look scary how well they played together.

Lampard was wonderful in midfield, he'd be the second name on my England sheet anyday.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Gronkjaer with another good outing. Guess he was right about needing starts to get into form. Good luck with that. :D

Lamps and Parker were awesome. Tough test for them is upcoming though.

Eidur had little to work with and Mutu had no support to go to if he wasnt making headway I thought. Lamps, Parker and Maka arent going to venture too close into the box and Gronkjaer is staying wide. Some sort of central attacker would be good here....like Zola did often. Man I miss that guy. :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agree with both your points.

Praise from a Gooner??:confused: What next. Nice on Balis :).

I think Lampard will be our man to burst into the box against Arsenal, I imagine we'll play a diamond.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts