1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is in favour of Rivaldo??

I'm not.

Reasons:

The most important is of course the drop-out of many players.
As a true Laziofan, you have to hate this!
Also Salas!!
For you fakes/non-believers!!! :(

Another argument.
He wants to play the way he wants to play.
Remember the arguements with van Gaal, about where Rivaldo had to play on the field, and he rejected this?
This is a total lack of respect for and the trainer, and the club aswell.

So I say no to Rivaldo,
at THIS moment!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I don't say anything except the fact that Rivaldo was voted to the best player of the world this season.

Then it would be too bad if Lazio had to give up a couple of players.

I love El Matador, but oh my God how many times he has made me so disappointed this year.... :(
Maybe he needs to rest, he hasn't had a vacation for over 2 years...

FORZALAZIO !!
http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

B

·
0 Posts
Tough one really. For the amout of money Rivaldo would cost we would get Toldo + Jardel who both would last more than 2-3 years at top level. I would go for Toldo + Jardel if I was Cragnotti instead of Rivaldo, but if short term thinking is his thing and considering the publicity of having the worlds best in the team then Rivaldo may be the best solution.

[This message has been edited by Baz (edited 20-04-2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
I am 100% against this move.
Why? It's simple in my mind, there are many reasons.
#1. I've been reading about Cragnotti dreaming about Lopez and Rivaldo as his new strike duo. Well, neither of them are strikers, and Rivaldo for one has proven in the not to distant past that he does not like playing anywhere but his natural position which is just behind the strikers, which means central midfielder (offensive) um, hello, we already have Veron who has done an entirely acceptable job at this position. Lopez is not a striker either, but more of a natural winger, with his speed and crossing ability, well, again, we've got Nedved, Concecaio and Stankovic.

#2. Giving up the future for short term gain is not worth it. Lazio have had a wonderful year regardless of whether or not they bring home any silverware. Last Italian team left(until 2 days ago) in any European competition, Italian cup final and a firm second behind Juve in the scudetto race. They will have played some 80 games after all is said and done. They are not lacking money and or fan support. They are nowhere near relegation, so a move like this is only going to rock the boat, and the players who have been getting to know each other and each others style this season will have to completely adjust and start over again.

#3. You sell Salas and Boksic so that you have the money to spend 60,000,000 (ridiculous amount of money for anything)then Barca also have the choice of taking Stankovic (21yrs old)/Almeyda (23?)/Nedved (25?) (question marks are because I'm not entirely sure so please forgive me if I'm wrong). Seems like quite a steep cost. Salas hasn't played well in the second half of the season. Granted, but he hasn't had a striker that can play well beside him, and regardless of how many goals he's scored Simone Inzaghi should not be a starter on this team. So don't get rid of Salas. Boksic....well, ok, he's done.

#4, Lastly, I look at the last 2 huge transfers from the Spanish league into the Italian league, transfers that both set records in terms of money spent. #1. The transfer of Predrag Mijatovic from Real Madrid to Fiorentina. Scored tonnes of goals in an offensive Spanish league, scores the goal which clinches the Champions league for Real in 98/99, Viola is laughing right...WRONG..bust!
#2. Ronaldo to Inter...enough said, the guy has spent more time in the hospital than on the pitch.
The spanish league is much different than Italy, prolific scorers in spain just don't quite cut it in Italy...
there, I have said my peace, for anyone who had enough patience to read this entire post, I applaud your courage, and I hope that what I have said makes sense to some.

V

·
0 Posts
delija, respect, great post, agree completely

marco

it ain´t over til the skinny broad mmmmm, well who knows?

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I won't say if I agree or not, but the fact says after Rivaldo came back to the field, Barca's performances were much better ....

Even 2 goals were from him in the Magical Match against Chelsea ...

So won't him make Lazio better ? Van Gaal is type coach that naver accept player's suggestions, but Eriksson different, i think both of them can cooperate well .

For the price, 48,5 million isn't bad deal, or maybe swap with salas + some amount of money ?
I agrre with Mattias that salas was great player, but so many times he disappointed us (me).

O

·
0 Posts
Bad move for us, especially because we need defenders.
Rivaldo is clearly outstanding, but we do not need him for this kind of money!
Defense is our weakness. Forget big names. If we do not improve here, next season will also be a disappointment!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
No Rivaldo, please. Especially if his move-to-be to Lazio will make him the most ex. player. As history has testified, MANY players who became world's most ex. - they slumped. Is it jinx? Some of them just suffered loss of form, while some others suddenly became so injury-prone that they just couldn't deliver (think Ronaldo,Vieri).
Rivaldo is a good player, yes, but let's not be greedy...it's better to have SEVERAL new players combined with that price tag. And if we get Rivaldo, it also means we need to sell some players - something we can't afford especially with the number of competitions (and matches!) we'll play next season. That's my opinion...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I am against in selling all the players to buy just one!I prefer to buy others than Rivaldo and i dont care if he was voted the best player! :(

------------------
*AVANTI LAZIO,IL FUTURO TI APPARTIENE*

J

·
0 Posts
Rivaldo ? No thanks.
Rivaldo wuold cost too much indeed. I prefer also Toldo & Jardel.
The only problem is that Crag wants a great forward next season. Rivaldo, voted the best player in the world, would suit for Crag perfectly.

I must say that sometimes Crag can be very stupid. Ofcourse he wants best for Lazio but what happens if Rivaldo injures ?
(Don't say Miha scores the goals)
Why can't Svennis decide who we buy ?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
I'm with the first half of oltre's statement. Stop the disappointment lamento, however.

If you look at leagues and european competitions, you clearly see the true reason for our "disappointment". You can see from that that the strain from all those matches, the tons of league, coppa, CL and national-team play, the 2 important games per week schedule and the resulting weakener by injury and suspensions (clearly some through nreve wreckage, I mean the Miha elbow...), you can see from that (in all countries and clubs), it's almost impossible to win anything and it's rather likely to win next to nothing if you're in everything almost the whole year.

I tell you sth, if the serie A officials knock us down from the passport thing, if they actually take points away and hence ban us from european competitions for next year (which would be catastrophic, not only for Lazio as a football team, but also for Crag and his stock games), if that would actually happen, then we will win next year's scudetto with ease.

A team like Lazio (and that includes the defense which is not THAT weak AT ALL) only playing the league, will win it by 12 points.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts