Xtratime Community banner

Vote for the likeliest scudetto winner.

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
i want to see a different champions this season, why not Roma, Napoli or Viola. at the end hopefully to be and exciting challenge. :)

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
juve must come back to their best performance to guarantee the brilliant leauge atmosphere :thumbsup:

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Napoli is not going to win anything, i dont know why they are even in such a poll, ridiculous.

Still 28 games to go, but Rube are 11 points behind now. Roma definitely have the edge now, but if anyone can throw it away its Roma.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
You who are mentioning Juve, you seem to forget how awful we've been this year. Last years Juve might have been able to go on a winning streak and close the gap. This years edition? No ****ing way!

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Between Roma and Napoli, I'm leaning towards Napoli. Both have good attacks, but Napoli is good defensively too, Roma isn't. Napoli also has better depth in attack and defense as well as the better coach.

Napoli has no depth in midfield though. If they're smart, they'll sign a decent CM in Jan. Otherwise, their starting midfield trio will burn out in second half of the season, and they will continue to suffer in majority of the games where one of them doesn't play.

You who are mentioning Juve, you seem to forget how awful we've been this year. Last years Juve might have been able to go on a winning streak and close the gap. This years edition? No ****ing way!
The ones who voted for Juve are GO and N4L. Both believe in jinxes, lol. Mr. Euclid obviously thinks Roma is the favorite. As for N4L, any other team besides Juve winning is a win for him.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
It wound be nice if Napoli could win scudeto or some other than Juve, Roma etc...for a change. I don think that Juve could win the title. Roma is big favorite...

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Really too early to tell but...

Almost positive Inter won't win anything.

Almost positive Roma will screw up an advantageous position at some point.

So, Napoli maybe?

Something about their team just seems inconsistent and weak though.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Between Roma and Napoli, I'm leaning towards Napoli. Both have good attacks, but Napoli is good defensively too, Roma isn't. Napoli also has better depth in attack and defense as well as the better coach.

Napoli has no depth in midfield though. If they're smart, they'll sign a decent CM in Jan. Otherwise, their starting midfield trio will burn out in second half of the season, and they will continue to suffer in majority of the games where one of them doesn't play.

The ones who voted for Juve are GO and N4L. Both believe in jinxes, lol. Mr. Euclid obviously thinks Roma is the favorite. As for N4L, any other team besides Juve winning is a win for him.
Not quite - Milan winning it would suck for me

Rather Napoli or Viola win it than Roma for instance

Napoli good defensively?! :googly:

·
Registered
68,834 Posts
Still think Juve are in the picture because as mentioned before, the top teams in Italy are not consistent enough and will drop points. Don't rate Inter at all and they will fall to the EL spots, same I will say for Fiorentina

However, I still think Roma win the title, Juve in 2nd, Napoli 3rd.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Roma the overwhelming favorites based on the poll to date

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Still think Juve are in the picture because as mentioned before, the top teams in Italy are not consistent enough and will drop points. Don't rate Inter at all and they will fall to the EL spots, same I will say for Fiorentina

I will be estastic as **** if we can get third, CL money is very much needed in such a disastrous 70% rate of pts dropped in our games so far.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Napoli good defensively?! :googly:
5 clean sheets in their last 7 Serie A games and they've looked well-balanced, well-drilled, and solid whenever I've seen them play. Why do you think they suck defensively?

Unfortunately, Roma and Napoli have been pretty consistent so far this season. Had we been in this position last season, I'd have felt more comfortable about catching up and winning the scudetto then. But it'll be very difficult this season with a 11-point gap when there are two teams at the top who have good players, play well, and get the results.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
I guessed Napoli even if Roma should be favourites due to past 2 seasons of almost giving them extra experience. But Roma's defence is too fragile to make them sure shot favs for me. And I'm more impressed by Napoli's offense to kill of anyone with that creative midfield. Napoli's problem is depth and lacking real strong regista. Jorginho is not good enough, they need to improve on him and make him backup.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts