Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. Robben
  2. Duff

When Joaquin will come to Chelsea and he will come I think. Who will be the one on the left wing. Robben or DUff. Duff is always my n1 winger in the world. He is very effective, especially in shooting. But..Robben is coming now so I think it will be very interesting who will play on the left wing when Joaquin comes.

At this moment I think Duff, more experience and more effective. But, as I said before, Robben is coming..

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Robben much more influetional for chelsea when he plays

·
Registered
625 Posts
Duff is a very good winger and a football player, fast, good dribbling, good cross and a good shot.
But he lacks the creativity and unpredictability of Robben.

IMO most wingers are one dimensional. They have pace, can dribble, can cross, but have limited vision, and not-very-good football brain. Therefore they can only work on flanks, do one thing like a machine: sprint pass the opponent full back and cross. They may be very skillfull, say dribbling etc, but all they do are like routines, no creative play, for example C.Ronaldo is such a player. I wouldn't call him a creative player. When I say creative, it means something unpredicatable. The best example is Ronaldinho's second goal against Chelsea. Nobody would know he would choose to shoot at such situation. That's what creative is. It's more about imagination than skills, because skills can be acquired by training, but imagination cannot. C.Ronaldo and Duff skillful? Yes. Creative? No.

Robben is one of the smartest wingers I've seen. He has pace and dribbling. But he doesn't blind dribble on flanks like C.Ronaldo. He has a very good football brain and reads the game well. He is a special creative winger.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Arjen Robben is a far, far better player than Damien Duff at this point in time.

Anybody who has ever watched the two in action for Chelsea would not question this whatsoever.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Robben is a 1000 times better than Duff, when Robben plays for Chelsea it is worth wcthing, when Duff plays it is normally a 1-0 grind out win.

it is like comparing a Ferrari to a Ford Capri. :shades:

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Robben is technically better. But replacing Duff so that Joaquin can play is somewhat unnecessary.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Robben is technically better. But replacing Duff so that Joaquin can play is somewhat unnecessary.
I agree.
I don't see that much improvement from Duff to Joaquin.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Xabi_Alonso said:
Richie Patridge is better than both ;)

Dear me, it looks like Liverpool fans are becoming more and more disillusioned as the days go by. Everytime I come here, I always see strange comments like this (usually made by SM Online). I guess the consistant lack of success does that to a long time football fan...

In my opinion Duff is more my type of player. I'm not going to sit here and type 'Duff is better than Robben' because that simply isn't true. I'd just rather have Duff becuase I know him to be a player who never has a bad match...much like Robben.

I vote Duff...

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Firenze said:
Dear me, it looks like Liverpool fans are becoming more and more disillusioned as the days go by. Everytime I come here, I always see strange comments like this (usually made by SM Online). I guess the consistant lack of success does that to a long time football fan...
Is it just me or do none of you continentals understand what tongue-in-cheek means? FFS he wasn't being serious.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
quite the contrary i think. Duff for me is technically a lot better and more consistant. Robben is a bit of a hit or a miss player. And anyways, for me, Duff is very underrated and is quite a bit better then Robben.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
All three will rotate anyway, Duff can play both sides. Of course in big games you'd probably start with Robben and Joaquin but Duff is of course world class.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Petros said:
quite the contrary i think. Duff for me is technically a lot better and more consistant. Robben is a bit of a hit or a miss player. And anyways, for me, Duff is very underrated and is quite a bit better then Robben.
What a surprise that Petros disagrees. :rollani:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Robben although started as a leftwinger has developed into something completely different
comparing Duff to Robben is like comparing Overmars to Figo ( :yuck: although i absolutely loathe him, his class is beyond doubt), on his heyday Overmars was great but never in the same category as Figo

on another note Joaquin is also way better than Duff, he is pacier, a better dribbler, and his crossing has developed alot in the last year. if i was Mourinho i would sell Duff and rotate Robben, Joaquin, and J. Cole

1 - 20 of 38 Posts