Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
**** Poll was bloody brilliant!
How is it that he was the only English ref at the world cup especially after his brilliant season?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, that's true. But ow on earth did they come to the conclusion that Poll is the best english referee? We all saw the farce he made the arsenal vs newcastle match into, we've all heard him admit how he gives random red cards and penalties to boost his 'badboy' image, he should have been sacked, not appointed as our nation's finest official.

Now we've seen him rule out a perfectly good 80 yard wondergoal from marco matterazzi <never thought i'd be writing those words in succession> and cost italy the match. I know he was only following his linesman's instructions, but he shouldn't need to do that because he should have been up with the play and seen it for himself - all the play was in the croatian penalty box at the time for christ's sake.

And to add insult to injury, alan boksic went on record after the game as saying 'i had no idea who the referee was, i really didn't care'. Badboy image mr poll? give us a break.

FTC2E

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.