Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1514 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u think of Poli Timisoara's new team?

what do u guys think about Poli's new team? about the big names they have bought, and about Poli now being the highest paid team in Romania with 6 or 7 players having salaries over $100,000!

and tell me if you guys think that Cosmin Contra and Viorel Moldovan will have an impact on this team?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
On paper the team is a league-challenger but we'll have to see how they do on the pitch when it matters. They will need to dig themselves out of a hole first before challenging for anything though, and by the time they do that perhaps offthepicth matters will stop them even making it very far.

We'll have to wait and see; but right now the team looks very good.

·
Registered
918 Posts
They'll have to gel as a team. It will take a while. They haven't done so good in the friendlies so far, even when Caramarin, Contra, and Moldovan played. They've lost quite a few friendly games to crappy teams this winter. I hope for their fans' sake that the Balkan Petroleom guys are for real and this is not just temporary. Romania needs another top team in the European cups to join Steaua, since we will probably have 4 teams for the 2006-2007 season. Assuming the management support is still there this summer, Poli could be a contender in Divizia A next season and represent Romania for the 2006-2007 season.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how come so many Steaua fans on these forums? i was expecting a few Timisoreni on here too seeing there are lot of Banateni outside Banat....

well yeh things seem to be ok now even with Balkan Petroleom, we'll see what happeneds, i certainly hope that they'll become a bigger club then what they are, and also boost football in Banat, don't forget the region that did bring football to romania ;)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I've been out of Romania for too long to have a favorite team...I support all of them equally, I'm a true neutral..by the way I think it is pretty exciting to see Moldovan and Contra at Poli T...let's see what they'll be able to do..by the way this May I'll be in Romania so I'll finally get to watch some Divizia A again!

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
DacoRoman said:
I've been out of Romania for too long to have a favorite team...I support all of them equally, I'm a true neutral..by the way I think it is pretty exciting to see Moldovan and Contra at Poli T...let's see what they'll be able to do..by the way this May I'll be in Romania so I'll finally get to watch some Divizia A again!
Daco, I love your avatar...I've never seen this version it is awesome...Where did you get it from?? Is it the royal Romanian coat of arms?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
GICA said:
I cheer all the Romanian teams on an equal way! :D
u cheer for Dinamo Buc equally? :wallbang:

I don't....i mean i still feel for them in Europe when they play, but i think once Romanian football rises in Europe that seperation will start to happen when it comes to cheering for teams in Europe, we just need more success to come in for that to happen!!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
David said:
You should start from now.

NEVER SUPPORT DINAMO! NO MATTER WHAT! So what we're having a hard time as a nation? What have they done to help? Lost to Icelandinc fishermen?
lol, no i was refering to other Romanian teams i support in Europe, don't really support even Steaua of late in Europe, just because of Becali, i really dislike Becali...e un mare TARAN Becali ala!! in fine asa e!...but ill always stand by my team Poli Timisoara!!! and always have.

·
Registered
70,034 Posts
Drei said:
u cheer for Dinamo Buc equally? :wallbang:
Yes, I do.
I understand that a lot of people hates them in Romania, but I´m glad to support all the teams equally. I´m not a Steaua, Rapid or Dinamo fan...I´m just a Romanian football fan. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Gica, if you’re Spanish, what’s with the Romanian flag then?? You like our blue, yellow and red flag?? The Spanish authorities can charge you with treason for displaying the flag. You can’t be Spanish anyway because you support Barcelona, you can say that you are Catalonian since you have your own language and all.

·
Registered
70,034 Posts
No man haha don´t mix the things... :D

I´m not Catalan. I don´t like that idea which says that only the people from Catalunya can support Barcelona. It´s ridicule. I respect what Barcelona means for Catalunya, but I´m not Catalan but Spanish. I like the football team, the city...beyond the political matters.

On the other hand, the Spanish authorities can´t say me anything...I´m free to display this Romanian flag, on the same way others prefers to put Basque or Catalan flags. ;)

1 - 20 of 1514 Posts