Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have a couple of players in European Competion...

Champions League (Quarter Finals)

-Dudek (Liverpool)

next game (1st Leg)
3 April 2002 20:45
Anfield - Liverpool

-Olisadebe (Panathinaikos)
-Warzycha (Panathinaikos)

next game (1st Leg)
3 April 2002 20:45
OAKA - Athens

UEFA Cup (Semi Finals)

-Rzasa (Feyenoord)
-Smolarek (Feyenoord)

next game (1st Leg)
4 April 2002 21:00
Giuseppe Meazza - Milan

Ive attached a SE article (in Polish) which talks about the matches that Oli and Dudek are in. It talks about the fact that Oli isn't going to be for sale and that guy Vlaovic is :) . Dudek will surely start while Oli might not. I think Oli should start over that Vlaovic dude, but im not the Pana coach. Best of luck to both teams. In the UEFA Cup, Smolarek will surely come on as a substitute, but Rzasa should start. Ill post anything else about the games when i get any additional information.
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
...o and Ebi is injured (knee). He probably won't play tomorrow. I heard some news thought that Valencia and Arsenal are lookin at him! :) This good news. Hope he gets better soon :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
These news about Smolarek,aren't they some old rumors?Or maybe it's new rumor, than tell us where you've heard it:)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, the article that i had read was from Super Express. Its basically the same thing so i wont post it. On Dailysoccer.com, it states that Oli is likely to start. But they are wrong sometimes so he might not :( . Yes, the coach of Feyenoord really wants Ebi to stay. He wants a longer contract while Ebi wants a shorter one.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is said that Oli will almost surely play today vs Barca, but that its the coaches decision if he starts or not

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oli's performance-

Oli did really good today. He didn't start, but he still did really good. Here are some things he did during the game...

74' Vlaovic (out) - Olisadebe (in)

76' Konstantinou comes deep to claim the ball but is fouled by Gabriel García. Fissas takes it quickly and finds Konstantinou. The ball is touched through to Olisadebe but he cannot get a shot on target.

82' Reiziger sends Olisadebe tumbling on the right. It is another free-kick but it is wasted. Panathinaikos, roared on by the crowd, regroup though and pile on more pressure.

90' + 1' Boateng has done well in keeping the ball for Panathinaikos as has Olisadebe. The Polish international is doing his best for the cause.

-I listened to the game on the radio and the anouncer was saying his name a lot. Things like Olisadebe (more like Olisadeebee :D ) is very very quick, and wut a great chance from Olisadebe. He almost had 2 chances to score. :) He almost did but Konsta got fouled before he passed it to Oli. Im happy with his performance. I think that his speed caused a lot of problems wit the Barca defense. I hope he startes next week at the Camp Nou :) .

Warzycha didn't play :( (btw, the last time Pana were in the Champions League semi-finals in 1995/96, Warzych or Gucio scored. I think they were also there two years ago in the quarters and Gucio also scored vs Juventus. I hope Oli can do the same things Gucio has done)

oh, and Pana won 1:0 due to a Basinas penalty! Go Pana!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've just seen shorts of this match on RTL,and Oli was showed only once when he and his collegues cheering after foul in Barca penalty area :D
Dudek was practicly unempoled and his Liverpool won 1:0

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also forgot to mention that the anouncer stated..."why isn't Olisadebe starting? He is much better than Liberopolous..." He also stated that with his speed and and good skills, he causes trouble to all the defenders. And last but not least, he said he couldn't wait to see Oli in the WC :) . How come the Pana coach doesn't think like this guy does? :D

Dudek had a very easy match. I don't think he will have one like that in Germany. He is always well prepared and i hope he won't dissapoint as well as Liverpool. I'm hoping for a Liverpool-Panathinaikos Final :) :D . Im hoping...

Tomorrow- Inter vs Feyenoord :)

Rzasa will most likely start...Ebi is injured.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
for the 10 or 15 minutes oli was on the field he got more compliments than any other player throughout the whole game. the commentaors were wondering why oli with all his skills is not starting in the first place.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea, did u watch the game? I heard he rounded the keeper, but couldn't finish because of the tight angle. It would be very good and a big boost for Poland if he can score against Barca at Camp Nou.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Yeah, such a spectacular goal would help him a lot.

Although we keep talking how good Olisadebe is, there aren't too many soccer fans in Europe who know his name. Barca player, Lusi Enrique, stated for example that he doesn't know any player from Pana squad. You must play in Italy, in Spain, or in England to become a real figure in world soccer. Or at last present yourself on these markets. What made Shevchanko famous? Hat trick at Camp Nou. He showed his unbeliavable skills much earlier, but that was it...

The big boost in interests over Olisadebe began afer he had scored vs. Arsenal on Highbury - that's another example.

To me, he should definitely be a starter at Camp Nou - he's great at counter attacks and Pana will need such guy...

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the same thing about playin in Spain, Italy, England, etc. But Pana isn't that bad. They are playin in the quarter-finals in the CL so they are making a name for themselves right now. If Oli scores againt Barca in Barca, then he will make a bigger name for himself. The Arsenal game was a group match, now imagine when he scores and plays like that in a CL quarter-final match :) . I hope he does start. He uses his speed so well on counter attacking, that's why he plays so good for Poland. Im thinkin the coach of Pana will rest him on their next league match so that he can play him next tues. Come on OLI! :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I heard Rzasa played good today. Maybe he should play instead of Zewlakow, or Kozminski. Zewlakow doesn't deserve being a starter. He's not reliable, especially against faster wingers.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Agree.Maybe Engel finally give a real chance to Rzasa.Although
one Dutch on this forum(Feyenoord supporter)who can see him
in every, I guess ,match didn't talk nice about Rzasa:)But Zewlakow seems to be in a poor form now.Maybe it'll change just
before WC.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rzasa did good vs Inter, but Zewlakow did horrible vs Japan. That's just one match. Zewlakow, as well as other Polish players were really off that day. He has been really good up to this point. Kozminski could also take that position if anything happens :) ...Smolarek, Kosowski, Krzynowek could take Koza's spot

·
Registered
178 Posts
Now our only hope is Feyenoord...;)
Liverpool lost 2:4.Dudek can be blamed at least for the last goal,
although he had two very good saves and couple of goods
in the game.Generally the best Premiership defence was hopeless.
Barca won with PAO 3:1,although Greeks was leading in this match for some time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts