Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this thread we can talk about Poles playing in German Bundesliga,which is this foreign league where the biggest number of our players earn for a living :)

In todays matches :
Fantastic performance of Kaluzny and two goals for his Energie Cottbus(his 4th and 5th goals of this season)in match against Borussia Moenschengladbach(3:3,at home),but also 5th yellow card,and he misses next game.
A.Kobylanski,Energie as well,also played good,especially his corners kicks were making a little mess in Borussia's penalty area.
A.Juskowiak only 22 minutes on the field while his Wolfsburg lost at home with Hertha Berlin 1:3.
Tomasz Klos finaly played in Kaiserslautern's first squad(St.Pauli-
K'Slautern 1:1).
T.Kos and J.Krzynowek played for 90 minutes in lost game(0:1) of
their Nurnberg against Hansa in Rostock.
Schalke won 2:0 with HSV.T.Waldoch as usual full match,and Hajto
only 8 minutes on the pitch.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
great to see klos finally getting some quality playing time as well as juskowiak getting 22 minutes is not bad considering the guy has been pushed to the end of that bench. schalke is also back to its winning ways and hopefully that tie against koln last week will not hurt there chances of becoming the champs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kaluzny in today's Kicker get a 1.5 mark,while 1 means "world class" and 6 "tragic"

Our players played good also in 2.Bundesliga.
Young Grzelak(Duisburg)scored first goal in the game while his team won with Unterhaching 4:0 at home.It was his third goal of the season.
Old Chalaskiewicz:D also scored but his Babelsberg lost with Reutlingen(away) 2:3.
Defender P.Wojtala(ex-Legia,Widzew and Lech Poznan player)
scored his third goal this season for Oberhausen,and his team won 3:0 with Schweinfurt.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The fact that Klos has been given chance to play 90 minutes again is a really good news.

As to Kaluzny - Energie will definitely buy him, and, who knows, they may sell him after the WC with some considerable profit. It's not easy to find a really good defensive midfielder today and Kaluzny definitely has great potential. If only he weren't so vulnerable to injuries...

·
Registered
535 Posts
Kaluzny was chosen to the Bundesliga's top XI of last round. And Klos expects that he'll start in more games. By the way (and this is kind of off topic as it doesn't deal with the Bundesliga but rather with Polish players abroad), did you guys read the Dudek article on onefootball.com? It would be a nice article, as the author goes out of his way to praise Dudek, but then he ends it by saying that Poland is a "weak" team, virtually riding on the shoulders of Dudek and Olsadebe (how many times have we heard that?). It is amazing that the only way to get recognition in the global soccer is by playing in a "name" team, no matter how good you are....

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's so true.But there are a few exceptions like Shevchenko for example.We must also remember that great tournaments make
great players.Before Euro 2000 Figo was considered to be "only"
a very good player,after that he became a Mr.Wonderful :).
Maybe some of our guys after WC 2002 will become very good players form average:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nurnberg of T.Kos and J.Krzynowek lost with Bayern 1:2.The only goal for Nurnberg ,from penalty shot,was scored by Krzynowek.Kos played not bad,but in 74 min. he got a second yellow card.Earlier he could even scored but Kahn saved.
Schalke also lost(0:3) in Bremen with Werder.Waldoch didn't make any big mistakes(in oposite to his collegues from Schalke defence),Hajto played the whole second half.He even scored after corner kick, but referee didn't notice that ball pass the line.
Juskowiak(Wolfsburg) played 90 min. this time,made couple of good passes and had two chances to score but he didn't make it.
W.Kryger also played the whole game.M'Gladbach-Wolfsburg 0:2. M.Mieciel(M'Gladbach)as usual didn't play.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems that Tomasz Klos came back to the first squad of K'Slautern only because of Ramzy's injuree.Today Egyptian was able to play,and Klos was sitting on a bench.K'Slautern-Dortmund 1:0.
Kaluzny couldn't play due to 5 yellow card.Kobylanski played the full 90 minutes.Vfb Stuttgart-Energie 0:0.Thanks to this point
Energie stays in 1.Bundesliga.

·
Registered
535 Posts
yeah, I was watching the K'slautern game, as I was sure that Klos was going to play; Klos was even listed in the starting lineups displayed on screen before the start of the game. But no Klos! Nevertheless, it was a very good game.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today on DSF we can see top match of 2.Bundesliga :Mainz-Arminia Bielefeld.In Arminia Wichniarek comes back after his suspention.I hope he demonstrate once again that Engel is wrong
since he didn't call him up.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Wichniarek scored and once again proved that he's a lively striker with very good flair and shooting skills. However, his Arminia was given no chance. Mainz won it 4-1.

I'm a little bit sorry for guys like Wichniarek and Juskowiak. I guess Engel has already decided on strikers who will go to Asia (Olisadebe, Kryszalowicz, Zewlakow, Zurawski and probably Smolarek). I stated much earlier that I hoped Juskowiak's experience could be useful. I also think that Wichniarek would be a very good substitute. But well... What can you do... I hope Engel's right once again.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
To change ground a little bit - Borussia Moenchengladbach officially announced that they aren't interested in buying Marcin Mieciel from Legia (who is currently on loan in Borussia).

Mieciel wasn't given a real chance there, so he may feel very disappointed. However, I remeber him from Legia and I don't think he's a sort of player who has potential to make career in Bundesliga. Greece or Switzerland would be much better place for him. He's probably going to be back in Warsaw in June.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Prewitt said:

I'm a little bit sorry for guys like Wichniarek and Juskowiak. I guess Engel has already decided on strikers who will go to Asia (Olisadebe, Kryszalowicz, Zewlakow, Zurawski and probably Smolarek). I stated much earlier that I hoped Juskowiak's experience could be useful. I also think that Wichniarek would be a very good substitute. But well... What can you do... I hope Engel's right once again.
I hope either:)
In today's game you could see that Wichniarek had a four-match-break.Even his goal was a little bit fortuituos.

And Mieciel yes,he is not a Bundeliga-type player(but maybe someone could tell something like that about let's say Elber ;) )
but his is also simply not good enough to play there.I only hope he will help Legia to get to Champions League in next season.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Krzynowek was doing with Hajto everything what he wanted;)
Waldoch was named POM.
Schalke-Nurnberg 2:1,Waldoch 90 min.and goal,Hajto -76 min. and 5th yellow card(he'll miss next match)-Krzynowek-90 min. and goal.

Juskowiak -3rd goal of the season and 90 min. Wolfsburg-Hansa 4:0.Engel said that calling up Jusko or Wichniarek "is possible".

Cottbus-TSV 1860 1:1-Kaluzny and Kobylanski both 90 min.Kazluzny had an assist and also hit the post.

Finnaly played Marcin Mieciel,but only 14 min.His Borussia M'Gladbach drew with Stuttgart 2:2.Mieciel just after his went on the field made an assist.

Tonight another game on the top of 2.Bundesliga -Arminia Bielefeld(with Bogusz and Wichniarek)-Hannower 96(with Zuraw).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wichniarek scored his 18th goal of the season,and his Arminia won 3:2.
Top scoreres in 2.Bundesliga:
18-Feinbier(Ahlen),WICHNIAREK(Arminia)
16-Christiansen(Bochum),KRYSZALOWICZ(E.Frankfurt),Simak(Hannower)
15-Azzouzzi(Gr.Furth),Stendel(Hannower)

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Two Poles from Wolfsburg might leave the club after this season.
About Juskowiak everybody knows.But there are new rumors that he will move to Energie Cottbus.Defender Waldemar Kryger also wants to leave because he feels underestimated.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
hannover and bielfield have been promoted which means 4 more poles will be joining the bundesliga including scoring leader for 2 years running artur wichniarek. as well kryszalowicz and zurawski will most likely be in the 1st division next year plus jusko will sign with cottbus which will for sure make him there number one scoring threat which means we might be seeing alot of poles scoring goals next year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.