Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the fight card live last night from Katowice. Anyone else did?

Was nice to see Golota back albeit against some dodgy skinhead body builder :D

but what was most impressive was Adamek in his first fight at cruiserweight :cool: looked comfortable. Hope to see more of my fav Pole, one of the few guys in todays boxing who won't duck a fight against anyone (fighting Chad Dawson in a non madatory fight)

oh yeah and sack that ring announcer

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Jenas said:
I was wondering what happen to him... last thing i heard about Golota was that the was facing assault charges in Chicago. btw how did he do?

·
Registered
805 Posts

·
Registered
59,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ambis said:
btw how did he do?
first round was very ordinary.

2nd he noticed he was up against some bouncer wannabee and duly finished him off. Obviously he'll need to fight against a better opponent before we start drawing any real conclusions, say a journeyman with a better record like Brian Minto or Ray Austin would be good opponents for Golota's next fight IMO. No point in fighting more Jeremy Batess cos even a 50 year old Golota would put them down.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Jenas said:
Golota is a phenomenon. Lewis, Grant, Tyson, Brewster... These fights were so embarrassing to watch. But still, when Golota comes to the ring, people cheer for him as they never did in case of Adamek, Michalczewski or Wlodarczyk. I hope he finally wins the title, ends his career in glory and goes fishing in peace as he has promised several times :) Unfortunately, time is running out for him. This is definitely the last chance to prove he is mentally prepared to be a boxing champion.

Jenas said:
but what was most impressive was Adamek in his first fight at cruiserweight :cool: looked comfortable. Hope to see more of my fav Pole, one of the few guys in todays boxing who won't duck a fight against anyone (fighting Chad Dawson in a non madatory fight)
I thought Adamek was outstanding. A totally different fight that the one versus Dawson. He will be back on the top very soon.

Jenas said:
oh yeah and sack that ring announcer
Agreed :stuckup:

·
Registered
59,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Golota'll be back in the ring against the man whom Mike Tyson was supposed to gut like a fish :D, Kevin McBride on October the 6th in Madison Square Gardens on the undercard of the Maskaev-Sam Peter fight :party:

·
Registered
59,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can be sure that Adamek will try harder than Haye, even though he'll probably be too small against Vitali.

Pawel Wolak seems to be new kid on the block though when it comes to entertainment. Beat up Yuri Foreman and his last fight against Delvin Rodriguez got a lot of good reviews for the entertainment value.

and while we're speaking, Krzysztof Wlodarczyk is still around too.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Krzysztof Wlodarczyk have very big trouble because he takes lots of anti-depression pills. He was in coma but doctors wake him up. Some problems with psyche made by his wife.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts