Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
50,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leeds set to hear points verdict

Leeds will find out the result of their appeal against their 15-point deduction by the Football League on Thursday at 1700 BST, reports BBC Radio Leeds.

A three-man arbitration panel will make the announcement at the Offices of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.

The panel could back the ruling or, if they find the penalty unlawful, they could reinstate all 15 points.

Leeds have secured a play-off spot but if all the points are reinstated they would go up automatically.

Another option could see the panel return a proportion of the lost points, with five being the most likely added to Leeds' current total.

The Elland Road club are demanding a maximum return of points as they believe the 15-point sanction placed on them by the Football League to be unlawful.

They had already been docked 10 points for originally entering administration while still in the Championship, so in total they have been docked 25 points.

Any return of points would upset Leeds' League One promotion rivals, with Doncaster and Carlisle already hinting they would take legal action if this were the case.

As for leaders Swansea, they will be confirmed as champions if Leeds get 12 points back or less.

The verdict could also cause complications with the League One play-offs, which are due to begin on 9 May.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If we get all points back then we might end up as champions. Not much chance for that though.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
...And we didnt get them back.

This statement says everything from the FL :

4. We accept that the imposition of the 15 points in the instant case was not (and was not intended to be) a precedent, i.e. an automatic sanction in the absence of a CVA. Each case has to be assessed by the League having regard to the Club’s individual circumstances leading up to and of the insolvency itself. Such Conditions as the League considers are required will reflect these circumstances and any merits the Club can establish.

So in other words, this was a way to deduct Leeds 15 points and ONLY leeds, nobody else will get the same punishment.

Fvcking tory scum, i hate them with all my guts.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
The panel criticised *us* for delaying proceedings :howler: Are they stupid or something? Or just corrupt?

The full document makes an odd read - http://www.football-league.premiumtv.co.uk/staticFiles/4c/ec/0,,10794~126028,00.pdf

Basically the FL can 'review' it's procedures to allow itself to not apply the same sanction to other clubs.... Even that lawyer they have on BBC said the panel may have been biased,

Mawhinney looking smug... f**k off an die you tory [email protected] and your cronies on the panel.

Hopefully we can win the playoffs and refuse to collect the trophy. and maybe that Mawhinney and the panel get what's coming to them

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
It just stinks.

Why did we expect any better really. I believed in this system and it just typical Leeds...Why are we always the ones on the end of corruption. Always.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
In a way yes one could have expected it... but it still riles. Hope fully the players can use it to their advantage - the have earned the points on the pitch unlike the players of Doncaster et al.

I was suspicious as soon as puppet Otton said that the decision would be first published by the FL/FA.

We are still no wiser as to what specific rule we broke - the 'independent' decision summary even acknowledges that the completion of a CVA is not an absolute requirement of the FL (though we did have one until HMRC decide to challenge it due to their ongoing grievance regarding football creditors being paid in full - we had the support of the required number of voters despite the FL themselves voting against it).

Brian Mawhinney:thmbdown: (Lord my arse)
Philip Otton:thmbdown: (Sir my arse)
Peter Leaver:thmbdown:
Peter Cadman:thmbdown:
Numerous other bleating chaiman who couldn't keep their mouths shut:thmbdown:
Damn you and all your kind.
We'll be back to get ya!

Oh and let's beat Gillingham to send them into league two, the minimum that Paul Scally deserves (such an appropriate surname!)

This can be a nice anger-venting thread!

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Even though we promised to take it no further, I would take it to the Court of Appeal, The House of Lords, The European Court, wherever. And hassle the above named people for the rest of their lives, not to mention their families.
Oh yeah and sending Gillingham down is a good way to start. Make sure the man on the PA is well versed in piss taking too. Scum the lot of them but the Tory twàts had to do something on May Day.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
No to be honest, i want to leave it as it is now.

We can galvonise once again, show the players that bastard mawhinney smiling before the match.

Plus I think well lose any/all public support if we keep this going.

Well go up anyway!

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
We didn't have much support anyway, as many people support the panels findings as they are painfully aware of the impossibility of them amassing more points than us without it. Mawhinney was just on radio leeds sounding particularly odious but then that is to be expected - he is Brian Mawhinney.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Not sure if this is true but I have heard that Ken Bates excepted the 15 point penalty to avoid starting in League 2 due to the way the club come out of administration, any truth in this guys?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
dunno but it wouldn't surprise me. It's his fault we got that penalty in the first place.
Well it was the club's long-standing financial situation that lead to the administration. Bates did have a CVA to exit administration as the FL wanted but because of the FL's requirement that all football creditors are paid in full at the expense of other creditors, the taxman scuppered that.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Not sure if this is true but I have heard that Ken Bates excepted the 15 point penalty to avoid starting in League 2 due to the way the club come out of administration, any truth in this guys?
Well the FL threatened to try and put us in league 2 as they wanted a CVA (supposedly) - thing is if they had and Bates had gone to court that would have caused havoc. But that's all theoretical.

So the club agreed to the FL's condition so that it could honor it's opening fixtures, being so close to the start of the season, provided that it could appeal. Then it turned out later that the appeal was to be heard by other clubs - even the biased arbitration panel acknowledge that this method is unacceptable should be reviewed. But that means f**k all to us now. Now the FL can 'review' it's procedures to make sure that it doesn't have to impose the same penalty of 15 point on other clubs, as well as the 10 point for going into administration in the first place.

Mawhinney out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts