Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CL:

Inter led 1-0 at Nou Camp against Barca (Lautaro), but Suarez scored 2 second half goals to give Barca the 2-1 win. Godin lost his countryman Suarez on the second goal. 3 points lost.

Inter led 2-0 in Germany against Borussia Dortmund, but conceded 3 in the second half to lose 3-2. A match which had big consequences as Dortmund qualified to last 16 ahead of Inter. 3 points lost.

Serie A:

Inter led 1-0 against Fiorentina in Firenze, then conceded a late goal after Skriniar failed to stop Vlahovic. 2 points lost.

Inter led 1-0 against Atalanta in Milano (Lautaro), but Atalanta equalised in the second half after Candreva failed to mark Gosens. 2 points lost.

Inter led 1-0 against Lecce at Via del Mare (Bastoni), only for Lecce to equalize a few minutes afterwards after poor defending by Candreva and Bastoni. 2 points lost.

Inter led 1-0 against Cagliari in Milano in the first half (Lautaro), but our owned player Nainggolan scored the equalizer in the second half. 2 points lost.

Inter led 1-0 at Stadio Olimpico against Lazio in the first half (Young) but the hosts scored 2 in the second half to win 2-1 after awful clearances by Skriniar and Vecino. 3 points lost.

Inter led 3-2 against Sassuolo and with the match approaching the end Sassuolo equalised 3-3. The match of the famous Gagliardini miss (when Inter was 2-1 ahead). 2 points lost

Inter led 1-0 against Bologna in the first half, Lautaro missed a penalty and then Gagliardini assists the 1-1 goal before an unmarked Barrow wins it for Bologna. 3 points lost.

Inter lead Verona 2-1 with 5 minutes left and Verona equalize 2-2. 2 points lost.

This post is very long I realized now, and that's because we dropped 24 points between CL and Serie A in matches we were leading in. The equivalent of 8 losses.

Not forgetting the Coppa Italia elimination after we led 1-0 at San Paolo before Napoli equalized.. no points for that but another failure to keep or increase the lead proving costly.

I don't know if it's mental or physical or both.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't remember our past centre forwards doing much defending. You don't really need 11 players defending, we aren't playing Pep's Barca at Nou Camp every other week. It would be nice if the actual defenders and the defensive midfielders can defend.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,629 Posts
It's what happens when your strikers don't defend
Lautaro does his fair share of pressing and defending. Lukaku doesn't bother pressing though.

Sanchez is decent at pressing, won the ball quite a few times today, but I suppose that was mostly because Verona were shit.

·
Registered
59,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention Inter 2-2 Parma as we led 1-0 (Candreva deflection), before Brozovic gifted Parma 2 goals and then Lukaku equalized.

2 other points lost from a leading position.. so 26 points dropped in total between Serie A and CL despite taking the lead in the listed matches

1 - 5 of 5 Posts