Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tuesday 7th May 2002

Karel Poborsky took a swipe at Lazio supporters on Tuesday as he confirmed his intention to leave Rome and join Sparta Prague. "You score and your fans insult you. Is that normal?" he said, referring to the Curva Nord's abuse of their own team on Sunday.

Lazio followers feared that arch-rivals Roma would snatch the Scudetto again if their own team beat Inter.

But their backing for the Nerazzurri backfired as Lazio put in one of their best performances of the season to win 4-2, with Poborksy twice on the scoresheet, while Juventus beat Udinese to claim the championship.

"I like Italy, but there are things I don't understand," added Poborsky, whose car was among those attacked at training by Lazio fans earlier this season following their 5-1 defeat to Roma.

"No-one seems to remember the day we suffered at Formello after the derby," he said. "I think I will return to Prague, probably with Sparta. I have three good offers from Germany but in the end I want to go home."

Lazio skipper Alessandro Nesta also hinted that he was running out of patience with the Stadio Olimpico crowd. "Everyone is free to do what they want, but the behaviour of our fans has made me feel bad," he said.

"I am bitter - I have never seen them celebrate our opponents' goals. They knew Juve were winning 2-0, so Roma could not win the Scudetto, but it didn't stop them."

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Addio, gobbo di merda. :mad: :mad: :mad: Maybe if you were not busy runing away from from the fans in your flash car to your posh villa you'd understand their feelings. Don't worry, there is a nice bunch in Turin waiting for you with open arms. You know what they sang? "Poborsky e' uno di noi" Commits infamy and then runs away, like a true coward. He is really one of them.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Sorry Milos, i cant agree with you.;)

Pobo is one of the players that tried, not only against Inter, but whenever he played. He did not deserved to be booed when he scored. He played for Lazio as a pro. He did what he was supposed to do for the team.

btw, i heard that german police confiscated his car on the border:D Apparently, he failed to change the licence plates while he was in Italy.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I said this in the game thread and I will repeat it now: My hate or dislike for another team will never be stronger than my love for Lazio!

I have a question to all those who agree with the behaviour of the fans during the Inter game:

Is this the price you are willing to pay just to not see one of the teams you hate or dislike so much become Champions: To drive even your captain, a true Laziali in his heart and soul, away from Lazio?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Poborsky open to Juve move Tuesday 7 May, 2002

Lazio winger and new Juventus hero Karel Poborksy has revealed that he would consider a move to Turin, even if he is likely to return to the Czech Republic.

The international is to quit the Olimpico this summer and has been linked with a move to Juve. Even before his two goals against Inter this weekend helped to hand the Bianconeri the title.

"Contrary to reports I haven’t signed for Juventus. I haven’t even heard from them but if that happened I would consider it," the 30-year-old revealed.

"However, I do think that at the end of the day I will return to Prague, probably with Sparta.

"I have three good offers from Germany but I think I will return to my homeland because I have my family to think about."

The former Man Utd player arrived in Italy in January 2001 and has shown well at times with the Olimpico outfit. His contract expires this summer and is available on a free transfer.

Meanwhile, Juve transfer wizard Luciano Moggi has excluded the possibility of capturing Poborsky. "It’s impossible because he’s virtually signed for Sparta Prague," he commented.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
aca, it isn't the goal that makes me mad, it was his gesture to the fans(waving his fist and shouting "bastardi") that was intolerable! Look what Simeone did when he scored! Simeone uno di noi, Poborsky uno dei gobbi!:mad:

Claudia, maybe they should put themselves in our position and imagine what we've been through this season mostly thanks to them! It was their fault I had to cheer on a team other then my own on the last day.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I know we Lazio fans suffered a lot this season, but how can I cheer my team for 33 games, despite all that, and then in game 34 I don't?

I don't get that and no matter how crappy this season was for Lazio: They were not responsible for the situation before this last game. It was Inter who failed to clear things in their home games. They could have been champions long before last Sunday.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Milos, there is no way I can understand how you can write such posts lately... What's with you ? Accept it, Lazio has beaten Inter, and still you are swearing all over the team ?? Whats wrong with you man ? :mad:

Karel Poborsky is one of a few that played good during these two seasons. He was almoust always consistant, always there when we needed him, and yet you shout sh!t like go away and stuff at him ? Relax dude, it's not the end of the world cause Juve got the scudetto! Or are you living every day to see just Lazio ? There are more important things than just Lazio in life you know. Accept the fact Inter has blown themselves off and start being yourself again.

You surprised me with the posts in the Inter lost scudetto themselves thread where you said an 3rd goal in our net and we would be dead and burried ? I mean, how can you say something like that ? Is Juve or Roma not winning scudetto really more important then keeping Nesta or Deki or Crespo in the team ?? I don't think so. It was one game we're talking about, and you made such panic from it that I can barely read your posts anymore..

Now I know some of you may not agree with me, but I am sick of reading your posts that bash Lazio because we beat Inter. Poborsky doesn't deserve this, he really doesn't.

Sorry if I was harsh, and notice that I don't want any harm and I dont have anything against you, but I just can't stand here and read that bull anymore.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Accept it, Lazio has beaten Inter, and still you are swearing all over the team ?? Whats wrong with you man ?
Read my posts again and you'll see why I'm mad at Poborsky. I'm not mad at Simeone or Inzaghi.They scored but they didn't put out the fist and call the fans "bastardi".

You surprised me with the posts in the Inter lost scudetto themselves thread where you said an 3rd goal in our net and we would be dead and burried ? I mean, how can you say something like that ?
Because those were the facts. The choice of words might have been unfortunate, but it was in a spur of the moment.

Is Juve or Roma not winning scudetto really more important then keeping Nesta or Deki or Crespo in the team ??
What are you talking about? Who said that if we lost we'd have to sell Deki or Crespo? Being out of Europe is not a disaster.Milan missed out on it in two consecutive seasons, and managed to bounce back, why couldn't we?

It was one game we're talking about, and you made such panic from it that I can barely read your posts anymore..
Maybe that's the problem, you haven't been reading my posts carefully, and did not understand them correctly.

Relax dude, it's not the end of the world cause Juve got the scudetto!
I think it is you who should relax. No, Juve winning the Scudetto is not the end of the world but it is close :D Anyway, read my next post and you'll see who is it that won lo Scudetto.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can't agree with you Milos...:(

And heres why.....

Pobo scored 2 goals that helped Lazio to the UEFA cup spot that at most points this seaon looked highly unlikely....:( he scores and still his own fans booed him and insulted him...:mad: :mad:

Does anyone think that by causing damage to their cars after the derby game, that the players are going to play any better or make the players beileve that Lazio is the team the want to stay with for the rest of their playing career???

I think not and if the fans continue on this course of action then they are in danger of losing the clubs very own Banderia Nesta and that would be unnacceptable....:mad: :mad:

Yes i know some of the players are payed very highly, but if the fans cannot respect the players property then do they honestly expect that the players are going to turn a blind eye to it???

If the fans think they can get respect from the players that way then they are looking from dare i say it Rose tinted spectacles...

The fans mostly support the team greatly but lately, heir behaviour has been disgusting and if the shoe fits maybe the player/players aren't the pieces of S*** they think they are...

In my opinion they should look at there own behaviour and then they might see who are the true pieces of S*** are they might not like the answer that is staring them in the face....

I know not everyone will agree with my opinion and i will not apologise for my beliefs, as everyone has the right to state their piece of mind....

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Pobo gave Lazio two years. Two GOOD years. In his last game for Lazio he was leaving with a BANG......

And he got silence....no farewell, no "Bravo" ...he got silence if not worse than that....

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Lightoller said:
aca, it isn't the goal that makes me mad, it was his gesture to the fans(waving his fist and shouting "bastardi") that was intolerable!
Maybe we fans should put ourselves in his position. How do you think he felt when the fans booed him when he scored two goals for his club which he has given everything the time he's been here? Fans are allowed to have feelings but players aren't? They are human beings too and I can understand if he felt hurt when he was booed by the people who was supposed to be his own fans. Pobo did good for Lazio, very good and I thank him for that.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
Here are the new Italian champions showing their true colours(and I don't mean black and white):

stile Juve, example one Former Juventus coach of the 70-ties Vycpalek died in Palermo on the day Juve won it's 26th Scudetto. He won two Scudetti with bianconeri and took them to the Champions Cup Final. There were many VIPs at his funeral, and from Juve came NOBODY!

stile Juve, example two What would a prominent Juve player like antonio conte do after his team just won the Championship? Celebrate with his team mates? Thank the fans for supporting them to the end? No! Even in this moment he has to be a typical gobbo! He gloats over the tears of Inter players, tells Materazzi that he has his revenge for Perugia and then when he is answered he goes out to the media and complains. Another ilustration of what kind of a man conte is: back from a lengthy injury, he enters as a substitute against his hometown club Lecce the score is 0-0,Lecce desperate for at least a point to avoid relegation, comes a corner and from it scores conte. But di he just walk off to the center, distraught for scoring against his old club? Hell no, he jumped up and down like he scored in a CL Final!!! Needless to say, Lecce fans are no longer fond of him. Juve and conte tuly deserve each other.

stile Juve, example three They say a fish stinks from the head and Juve chairman Umberto Agnelli all but confirmed that. In a rant typical for a gobbo, he boasts on how Inter does not have a team and how Juve is superior to all else because of what they have as a team. A president truly worthy of his team.

All hail the new champion of Italy!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Milos....None here will deny that there were & probably still are many things that are "fishy" in the Seria A. Those moments in history are the illustration, perfect one......

Now, I dont see Lazio's name mentioned anywhere;)

Lazio has nothing to put a black spot on their history. They spent many damn years in seria B, but they kept their face clean of dirt.

IF they lost agains Inter purposly, that history would get a black spot. IF they lost, you could throw them in the same basket with others.

Lazio is not others. Lazio is Lazio.

Let the others play their dirty games. We win our games on the field.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Well, the three examples aren't exactly nice behaviour, but what Juve does that doesn't affect Lazio in any way I don't care very much about. All I care about is Lazio and that roma didn't win Lo Scudetto.

I think no-one in this thread hailed Juve in any way.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
aca, this is what happened in the last couple of days. If I were to list all the examples of stile Juve, this would be the longest thread in the history of XT!

Anyway, you all seem to critisize me for my posts lately especially for the post about Poborsky. True, he gave some good things to Lazio, but so did Giordano and Manfredonia, and yet they were caught match fixing, and the latter joined Roma in the later part of his career.

As for letting others play their dirty games, I too say let them. What pisses me off is that when they need to profit from honesty and fair play, they are the first to call for it! As I learned Italian I got to know Laziali better and I got to know fans of other clubs better. And in the process, a part of my Lazialita' became the loathing of Roma and Juve. I accept that you don't feel the same way, but if you knew them like I do, you'd know that last Sunday the end fully justified any means.

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
laziali said:
All I care about is Lazio and that roma didn't win Lo Scudetto.
You said it laziali! But how would you have felt for Poborsky if Juve did not win at Udinese? Roma would have been champion in that case, you know...

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Everyone feel for his team in the different way & none here can teach anybody how to support his/hers team. ;):)

I do not feel hatred for Juve & Roma in the same way fans from the eternal city do. And i dont think I'll ever will. This still doesnt make me nor them less fan than the other.

I want my team to go out & play football. Thats all. What others do is their business. Football is a beautifull game. I want to remember it as such. Seria A has a "dirty" history, i know that. That doesnt mean that i have to live that history over & over again.

again, it's not fair, it's pissing off....but who cares? I care about my team & their performance on the field, what they do with the ball.....not what "politicians" of the world of football are doing. They lost even if it says that they are the winners;)

Forza Lazio!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts