Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A brief intro of myself :I'm a faithful Juventini since 1995 and anti-MU fan.

It's my first post and might evolve some flamming however, below are some of my personal views.All comments are gladly accepted.(Pls no flamming)

Italy is renowned for it's awesome defenders and has pedigee defenders.I really feel that there's a need to enrich local defenders instead of buying foreign(even EU)defenders. Although Juve is competiting in the top league n C.L and would therefore need proven players,I urge fans to have faith in youth,local pedigee and it would be another major success we all craved.

Some fans have suggested to purchase Sol Campbell,Djetou,M.Salgado etc.
Undeniably, they have good proven quality.
Despite of the possiblities of purchasing them, why not give talent youth a shoot.
One of the talented and neglected defenders:Federica Lazzeri (Torino)

Personally, I feel tht it's a shame not to enrich the local defenders when Italy is reputated for it's defenders. I never object foreigners for other positions as Italy doesn't produce much BRILLIANT midfielders.
(Based on facts)

Do you agree with me views?

sensible people do senseless things

[This message has been edited by Tears4Fears (edited 13-05-2000).]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Welcome! :)
Well I believe your opinion is every serie a loving fans opinion. Italy is known for their strong defence. Lots of splendid defenders in the serie a. As you mentioned, buying young talents, that is Juventus' transfer policy. Lazzeri is talented indeed, just 17years old or was it 18? Anyways, if we bought him, he couldnt play on the 1st team at once right? Let him watch the big ones and then some years later "tadada" we have our own Maldini. Therefor we need a defender we know is pure class, who can play in the 1st team at once, like Campbell for example. We definitily need to strengthen our team now that we'll play in the CL next year!

Adioz!

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty simple....then why not slash out more money to strengthen Juve's defense.
Purchase local defenders then. Eg. Cannavaro,Nesta,Aimo Diana,Francesco Baldini,Alessandro Lucarelli,Mirko Conte etc.
They are either proven or defenders tht gonna make it in one or two yrs.

If necessary. just get one world class foreign defender since we have a number of non-Italy defenders areadi.
Tudor - why invest on yugoslavia youth when Italy's youth defenders are more talented and of pure pediegee.
Mirkovic - useless wing back,bought and it's a waste of $$$ n space in Juve squad.
Montero - a player who receives lotsa red cards and broke record! Makes stupid mistakes though reliable occasionally.

Pls do not be mistaken tht I dislike Juve.
I love Juve from the bottom of my heart and would want the best for my beloved club.
Not to forget, Pride and Honours.

When's our 3rd star gonna arrive??!?!?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gladly, I would welcome MORE comments.
Where are you Juve fans ?!?!?!?!
Stop being ignorant and continue toking abt the controversial parma-juve match.
It's over, we have won and it's time to look forward!

Preparations for future.
Apologies for being offensive.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Well let's see.

IT makes no difference where a defender comes from. For anyone to even suggest that is laughable.

There isn't enough Italian defenders to go around. If you think you can afford Nesta and Cannavaro you're insane. Italy is nothing without the foreigners, just as is Spain.

Montero has probably been Juve's best defender and the fact that you knock him now is an unbelievably ridiculous thing to do. You only knock him because he isn't Italian.

Tudor is just as talented as any young Italian defender. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "pure pedigree". BTW he's a Croat, not a Yugoslav.

Mirkovic played a lot in the second half of last season and played well. Is that a waste of money. He may be on the bench now, but the defence is doing well enough to not need changes. Would it be better to have an Italian on the bench instead?

I can't understand how a "Juve fan" can come and complain about the best defence in Serie A, and justify it by making ridiculous unfounded comments.

Montero is the main guy in defence, yet you knock him. He's been much better for Juve than Ferrara or Iuliano.

Basically I'm saying that this is one of the most unintelligent topics I've read on this board.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IVO

agreed and disagreed on several points

1st : It does makes a difference. Pls note tht as I have mentioned,Italy's pedigee are defenders. How would you like if Juve's defenders are Campbell,Mihailovic,Salgado,Taribo West,Staap,Jen Jeremeies and Walter Samuel.
A top Italian team fielding foreign defenders. It indicates insult to local talents and it's a treat to Italy's football growth. Insufficient defenders? Look at those tht I have listed. They might make it big with opportunities. Do not and never deprived opportunities from talents.Even if we need to slash out money to get a proven one, it is worthy!

2nd : I never put montero down. I did state tht he is reliable @ times. However, it's a fact tht he has broken records! & by the way, Montero is holding a italian passport.

3rd : Pedigee... check your oxford dictionary.U stated tht he is as talented as any young italian, then god damn WHY buy foreigners when our country is good in producing defenders...isn't tht senseless.
Just tht wht u said.

4th : Give youth opportunities . They are fellow country men and citizens who live n loved Italy. Why bring glory to other countries?!?!Nesta and cannavaro are given opportunities and therefore excel to being one of the best dun ya know.

5th: Dun doubt me...I love juve, otherwise I won't be typing my views right now...I would prefer something to drink/eat/****.The best defense isn't forever. Prevention is better than cure and planning for future is better than struggling in the near to come.If u find my comments ridiculous...then we can't see eye to eye..tht's final.

Unintelligent...tht's your views though some or maybe all agree with u.

Anyway, I'm sharing my thoughts of my beloved club. Dun put me down even if we can't see eye to eye.

Apologies for being offensive and I still welcome all sort of comments.

[This message has been edited by Tears4Fears (edited 13-05-2000).]

F

·
0 Posts
Excellent tears i agree with your comments 100% and i have been suggesting this since my time here in xtratime!!

FORZA JUVE

·
International
8,545 Posts
Well I'm sorry for saying unintelligent. That's not the right word. It's just that it seems a lot of people want to lower the foreign content of the ITalian teams. I think you obvioulsy have to have a good number of Italians on a team like Juve, but Serie A became what it is because you have people from all over the world playing there.

My main point is that Juve's defence is the best in Serie A this year. Maybe there are better Italian defenders to get, but why risk spoiling a good thing?

Like I said, I'm sorry for being a little too harsh. I understand your point as I am half Italian and want to see more Italian players on the big teams. I just got the impression(wrong impression) that you were more concerned with having an Italian defence than a good defence like you already have. I'm not actually a Juve fan, but I like to discuss topics about all teams. :)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
I think both of you are right. Juve does need to strengthen their squad for the CL. But Montero, Ferrara, Iuliano and Tudor sound good for me in defence. However if we play three centre backs again next season which is likely and which is good, we need a big player. Mirkovic and Birindelli can't play as centre backs, they are full backs. Maybe we should swap Inzaghi plus money for Nesta.

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
IVO

I totally agree on the first point u have stated. Juve has done it's part in restricting the number of foreigners. However, since the arrival of Tudor and Mirkovic(they have not excel!), I fear tht Juve might neglect local youth defenders.
Chelsea and Barcelona has losta foreigners and it evolve gossips & shame upon clubs.

Chelsea - less than 1 or 2 english in their starting XI....total insult.

Barcelona - BarcAjax...need I say more. The world's biggest club have 6/7 dutch players.
Since they flavour dutch players,I suggest Barcelona to switch leagues from Spain to Dutch, how about tht!?!

Despite having the meanest defense, I really hoped Juve would strengthen it's young italian defenders for prospect and honours.

Hmm, I think...I think...I think... tht Juve defense is still not one of the best,(not too convincing for me though)and they are weak against aerial balls.Preparing and planning for future essential as we need to gear ourselves up towards the best of the best.

It's pretty nice to share your opinions and I welcome any others. I felt pathetic as my post onli invites 3 posts,excluding mine.
Wondering Y?!?!?!
Perhaps fans just can't be bothered with their defense and just want more superstars and strikers?Wht's the point ?!?!?!
Strikers are onli a minor part of the team I remind.

I still welcome all opinions.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I suggest :
Montero is still usable,
Ferrara is ageing, can be use as a back up.
Iuliano is perfect.
Tudor?? inexperienced and I'm kinda bias against me....sorrie dudes...just some opinion from me

I supported the idea to swap Inzaghi for Nesta.Beef up our defense n we will be champions again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts