Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His first appearance was on Feb. 10, 1999 against Denmark. In all, he has been involved in 18 games. I say involved because, in 3 of those games, he only played one half. Croatia's record when Stipe appeared in a game is 8 wins, 9 ties, 1 loss. However, the game they lost was one in which he only played one half and was not the one who let the goal in. That was his first game he played against Denmark. Altogether, in 18 appearances, he has let in 7 goals. That gives his a .39 goals against average. For three of those goals, two of Croatia's top three defenders (Tudor, Kovac, Simic) did not appear in the game.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
hmm, interesting. Stipe certainly is classy.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Put any keeper in Pletikosa's position and he'd have the same results.

I can't remeber one time, not one time when I could say what a great save by Pletikosa.

He had the benefit of a great defence which started with defensive midfielders. Jozic made a huge mistake by not calling up Runje who's a better keeper than Pletikosa and has proven it. He was player of the year in Belgium on two ocassions, the Belgian league is strong than HNL and he's been great for Marseilles.

Pletikosa was a huge failure when he played in the world youth championships and that's the guy that we're putting in goal without even giving Runje a chance.

If Pletikosa played for Osijek instead of Hajduk, he'd be a nobody.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
hoho, some1 is in bad mood tonite ;-)

Runje has proven nothing to call him better than Stipe...

·
International
8,545 Posts
What has Pletikosa proven? That he can play in HNL? Wow, that's really saying something. Twice named best keeper in Belgium is better than what Pletikosa has accomplished.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
in Belgium? blah, blah, blah... Pletikosa has played in plenty of NT games and much bigger games than Runje ever (champs league, NT, etc, etc)... now sure he had good performance from our "unexperienced" defence, but nevertheless, his record is superb

·
International
8,545 Posts
Champions League? You mean qualifying for Champions league? So if I'm to give that any credence, he played in 4 CL games and now he's some sort of proven CL player? Hardly.

A great record he has no doubt, but Runje would've had the same or better if he was actually called up.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
but he wasnt... and he didnt play big games either... what 4 games? he played more than 4, what are you talking about? He played 11 games for Hajduk in Europe, 139 for Hajduk in HNL and 17 for NT... unexperienced? Hardly

why do you have to piss on everyone else whem you try to prove your point? there is no need for that and its totally uncalled for... Tomislav Ivic is not a good Coach, Pletikosa never has done anything and our defence is unexperienced (they play for Juventus, Inter, Bayer & Bayern)... man

you could try to prove your point without putting down other people

·
International
8,545 Posts
He played 4 games in CL qualifying and that's why I said that. I never said that he was inexperienced, did I? I basically said he's done nothing impressive and he hasn't.

I'm not pissing on anybody, I never knocked Ivic as a coach, just said that he wasn't the best coach we've ever hard, hell, he really wasn't even our coach. I'm just sick of everybody pissing on Ciro and the same people who do that, glorify Ivic for one freaking game he coached.

If anyone pisses on people it's you. You've pissed on Ciro, even stooped so low as to insult him in your signature. You've pissed on Prosinecki even if he was arguably, our most important player in qualification.

So practice what you preach before you tell me anything.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I never pissed on Prosinecki or Ciro or Balaban...
(heh, balaban)

I clearly said that Ciro will always be an legend of Croatian soccer... same for Prosinecki... that still doesnt mean that Ciro should be now leading NT or that Prosinecki is still as good as he was or really good all together... as to Balaban, well, poor guy, rather not talk about him

I would be pissing on Balaban if I said that he did nothing and everything he did, Olic would be able to do and more... probably would be right, but then I would be pissing on him like you did at Stipe few posts above

·
International
8,545 Posts
Oh you've pissed on them plenty of times, sure you've said good things but i've also said good things about Pletikosa plenty of times. I've said he was a great keeper except for his authority in the box.

However, in my eyes, Pletikosa is not proven. He was shaky in both games against Belgium in qualifying and I hope he fixes his problems come the WC.

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
In the absence of our friend JureM, Ero will give his version of that speech :)

Cool it guys. ;) :)

Pleta is a solid shot stopper, his one on one's are great, he is a good penalty kick keeper, but hasn't the authority and every time there's a corner it'll take 3 years off my life :eek:

Runje is a great keeper, but was never called up, it's a shame, we can hardly argue about what could have been.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If someone like Clayton Zane can play in the Belgium first division (anderlecht have just bought him for $A 4,000,000) then playing in the Belgium first division is nothing to get you di.ck hard about, if you know what i mean :)

Most of you are probably wondering who the hell is Clayton Zane.....jebote, he is the wooooooorst striker i have ever seen in my life...man, this guy is a log but somehow Anderlecht decided to buy him.

I like Pletikosa, but like Ero,i also panic when Croatia concede corners. I can blame Drazen Ladic for this. Why doesnt Croatia poach some of the Aussie croatian goalies? Bosnich,Kalac, Covic, Petkovic brothers are all excellent.

·
Registered
434 Posts
clayton zane has no idea...after emerton he is the most over-rated footballer on this planet

he thinks hes a great striker coz he scored against frances Z team in the confederations cup

·
©
7,230 Posts
I think that Runje should have been given at least a chance to prove himself. He is in Marseille now and has proved to be a great keeper there aswell. Pleta is good aswell so I don't think the team will lose anything. But like already mentioned any Croatia keeper has an easier time with a great defence ahead of them.:)

placebo said:
If someone like Clayton Zane can play in the Belgium first division (anderlecht have just bought him for $A 4,000,000) then playing in the Belgium first division is nothing to get you di.ck hard about, if you know what i mean :)
hehehe.........he hasn't proved that he can play there yet.;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts