Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to acheive the tourments we need badly different players.I know most of you dont like Veron but i still have some hope.But please no Aimar becuse he is not effective and injuryborn player. Yes, i admitt that Roni is a unique player but he is very slow we need some thing different. I mean different.I am sorry to express my opinion but really thats becuase i love Argentina. :mad:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
KnoccOut said:
u mean no aimar for the national team? who's roni? whats going on here? what u talkin about?
i assume that Alhosni5 means Juan Roman Riquelme when he say "roni" instead of "romi".

Aimar is out of form since he went through many injuries, and he's just come back to the starting 11 of Valencia.
He is one the best playmakers in the world, no doubt, he just needs time.

Riquelme is getting better and better, but IMHO he has not reach the level he had in his best days in boca.

I believe that apart from these 2, only d'alessandro and may be ibagaza, are NT material. The rest are too young and inexperienced to take over that position.

And to my friend Loco, before you say it, i dont want Gallardo in the NT.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
batigold said:
And to my friend Loco, before you say it, i dont want Gallardo in the NT.
Ofcourse you do, and you always did. Who else do we have that can smack defenders around and then look like a saint when being ejected?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,483 Posts
El Muñeco is the only one who can scratch Abbondanzzieri and still look harmless !!!

:dielaugh:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
well if he ment riquelme then who else does he want?... riquelme is perfect by the time world cup comes around he'll be back to his old self again

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I meant Romi(soory), in order to acheive important trophies you need players like Maradona, Kempes, Pasarella but recently Arg. dont has any players have the same quality.I am a big fan of Argentina and iam waiting for long time something big like world cup or even copa america.Unfortuntly nowdays we do not have players like teams in 78 or even86. Ok i will make small comparison between 78 and recently team;
first, Vilol and Abond. here without any doubt Vilol was a legend whereas Abond. is one of the most uncosistent goalkeepers in Arg. history.
Pasarella and Ayala, both of them great but Pas. had more skills and determination.
Samuel and Galego i think Samuel is a better choice but who are following La liga Nowdays he will has some doubt.
Zanetti and Tarantini, i think Tarantini has more skills and personally stronger than Zaneti.Here we can add Heinze who is in my opinion the best Arg. defender now.
Macher. and Ardeles, Macher. still growing up and has no experince whereas Ardeles simply is legend.
Luqie and Romi (no comments).
Bertoni and Saviola, Bertoni was much better.
Kempes and Crespo, Kem. is one of 5 best player in Argentina history.Crespo is simply untrustable.
so, you can see the differnce now.

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
Maybe that's true(its your opinion) but still you cant change this from one day to another: it's NOT possible to have players like bochini,houseman , maradona on demand. I think if you compare argentina with the other nations they are surelyin the top 3(speaking talent), so they should be contenders with this current squad for the 2006 WC,even if this squad seems weak compared with the past(U can say this btw about almost every nation, for instance germany doesnt have a beckenbauer a muller a haller, but thats just the way football rolls)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least Brasil has Ronaldo, Germany has Ballak, Italy has Totti and Holland has many superstars and they are already proved their self unlike Romi and D,allesandro who still need some time to be proven (at higher level).But realy Veron proved himself at least at Lazio times to be superstar so i still have faith on Veron not Romi.

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
ALHOSNI5 said:
At least Brasil has Ronaldo, Germany has Ballak, Italy has Totti and Holland has many superstars and they are already proved their self unlike Romi and D,allesandro who still need some time to be proven (at higher level).But realy Veron proved himself at least at Lazio times to be superstar so i still have faith on Veron not Romi.
What superstars does holland have?? Vd Vaart,Kluivert :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
man argentina has the best playmaker in the world...in riquelme what else u want? how many chances has riquelme been givin in NT not many .. this is his time , totti fails for italy time and time again, veron had his chance we was shit in the world cup...aimar and riquelme u cant get better then that...if u want maradona then i think u should take some pills that will take u into la la land and u can go back in time ..brazil has ronaldo thats true... but no other team in the world has aimar and riquelme.. once pekerman plays them both together well u know the rest

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
riquelme is the man! also tevez is already a superstar, and aimar, saviola, lucho, solari, masche, d'allesandro are all on the verge of greatness.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Totally wrong, thsi is the time to play Riquelme, you can see how he's doing there in Spain, so far 13 asissts and he is scoring 11 goals and thats what you need from a real playermaker.

I raelly want to see him playing together with Aimar.

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
Batigol9 said:
Totally wrong, thsi is the time to play Riquelme, you can see how he's doing there in Spain, so far 13 asissts and he is scoring 11 goals and thats what you need from a real playermaker.

I raelly want to see him playing together with Aimar.

I think Riquelme is man enough to be a lone playmaker, Aimar surely should be in the selection but only as a backup. Pekerman should just select who ever has the form(Aimar clearly lacks form right now).

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
B9 must have meant having them on the field at the same time, but that would leave Saviola on the bench. The only problem Argentina has, is the lack of consistent number 9, as Crespo certainly isn´t one. I´m waiting Cavenaghi and Maxi Lopez to make their breakthrough before the WC!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Romi had given the chance many times but he failed to embressed.In 1999 he got a unique chance in copa America but he failed eventhough he had a great players around him like Sorin, Aimar, Zaneti,Ayala and Palermo.Then he got another chance in Barca and again he failed (dont tell me that coaches dont like him because every manager wants his team to win).Moreover,his success in Villareal dont tell anything because Villareal is no more than moderate team. :nono:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
ALHOSNI5 said:
Romi had given the chance many times but he failed to embressed.In 1999 he got a unique chance in copa America but he failed eventhough he had a great players around him like Sorin, Aimar, Zaneti,Ayala and Palermo.Then he got another chance in Barca and again he failed (dont tell me that coaches dont like him because every manager wants his team to win).Moreover,his success in Villareal dont tell anything because Villareal is no more than moderate team. :nono:
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I suggest you get back to your X-Men comics and leave this to people who have a slight grasp on reality, which is certainly not the case with you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I suggest you get back to your X-Men comics and leave this to people who have a slight grasp on reality, which is certainly not the case with you.

Why you dont take what you like from my words and leave the rest(my freind) ?
This is my opinion and believe me i like Romi but he is not suited to Argentina and just answer me WHY beilsa left Romi out of the squad ? However, i wold like to tell you that i am a fan of Arg. since 1988 and i am telling this because i miss the big trophies.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts