Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am a HUGE Djorkaeff fan. I heard talk of him possibly leaving Germany or moving to another team in the country. It has been reported that 3 German teams are interested in the GREAT GREAT player. Does anyone know who? Also does anyone have any other news about him?

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
What i know is that Youri Djorkaeff said he will leave Kaiserslautern if they don´t get a place for the UEFA-Cup this year.

And Bayern Munich is interested in him (and Ciriaco Sforza, Willy Sagnol, Jean-Pierre Fanfan, Christian Wörns,...)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Woerns should go to Bayern, unless he wants to play in the 2nd division with Borussia Dortmund.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Both Bayern and Paris St Germain showed eager interest. On thursday club president Jürgen Friedrich declared him as "definitely not for sale" (contract until 2002). But in friday's newsreports he was quoted as wanting to leave as soon as possible, as he wants to play in Champions League

AFP reported:

CLAIREFONTAINE, France, May 25 (AFP) - Kaiserlautern's French international Youri Djorkaeff said Thursday that he had received a tempting offer from German champions Bayern Munich and would make a decision on his future after Euro 2000.

The French team's top scorer, who is currently attending a two-week Euro 2000 training camp with the World Cup winners west of Paris, described his future with Kaiserlautern as "slightly strange".

"I'm still under contract for two years with my club. But we'll take a decision after the European championships," said Djorkaeff. "Bayern Munich have made the most serious and interesting of offers."

The 32-year-old World Cup winner, arrived at Kaiserslautern on a free transfer from Italian Serie A side Inter Milan in August 1999, and signed a three-year contract worth 1.85 million dollars a year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts