Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble with streamed media on my computer, which caused me to miss one of the most important matches ever, which lost us qualification, but still. :mad:

I have WMP9 which doesn't show the image at all, but the sound is there. I also have 6.4 on my computer which also only played sound. I tried downloading an older version as somebody suggested in the Parma forum but I can't install it because I already have the newest one.

Real Player doesn't play that format and I don't know which other programs to try. I have all the Div X codecs and WMP9 codecs installed. What is wrong?

Thanks a lot,
Andrei

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Oh that's a shame, I don't know much about Microsoft's media formats. I couldn't play those streams myself, the first one gave a file not found error, the second wouldn't connect to the server while the 3rd opened but dropped almost all the frames.

I don't have WM9 but I have the up-to-date codecs..

The problem (as with anything Microsoft) is that the formats are closed source, it's hard to find out how they work and if they don't there's little you can do about it.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Raven, I just tried the ASX format URL and also got sound only but no picture. Perhaps it is an issue with WM9, or even with the stream itself.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tim said:
Raven, I just tried the ASX format URL and also got sound only but no picture. Perhaps it is an issue with WM9, or even with the stream itself.
Thanks guys. :( The match one which Denmark - Romania was streamed with worked for the whole board apart from me. :(

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I got WM9 and I installed the latest version upgrade today, using XP prof.

version 9.00.00.2980

mine doesn't work either.
I get a static picture but I do get sound.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts