Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a huge dillema, I live in Washington, D.C.,, and I don't know how I can watch Euro2000. It is not on ESPN or ESPN2 as I thought it would be. And Foxsportsworld (which I don't even have), according to their online schedule, is showing all the games with a weeks delay. Please help!! Can anyone suggest how I can watch Euro2000. The situation seems hopeless. (I know this is off topic, but I need to get a response :)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
yup, US sux. :mad: ESPN definite doesn't care about it, they only will show several matches (or not at all), it's totally an anti-football channel, left no hope!
FSW can't get the direct broadcast authority...

The only way you can get Euro2000's coverage is to get a dish TV (direct TV, I believe), and pay $20 per view, (or $150 for a package of every games)...
If you wanna know more, check here: http://www.soccertv.com

O

·
0 Posts
Fox Sports World will show all matches for free, but with a week delay. Like real player said, all 31 matches are available live on DirecTV pay-per-view, for $20 per match or $150 for the whole deal. I believe ESPN/ESPN2 tried to get the US television rights for Euro 2000, but Setanta Sports out-bid them.

Tim

D

·
0 Posts
I don't live in the US but like you I was devastated when I found out that ESPN wasn't covering the Euro 2000. I however got lucky because TVE (Television Espanola) is one of the foreign channels my cable company provides. I used to think these were useless channels that are included in the package just to give the impression that you get a lot of channels but when I was channel surfing last week I found out that TVE was showing the Euro 2000. It's in Spanish of course but you can't have everything. If you have TVE then you might want to settle for that (As I've found out, it makes a whole lot of difference when you don't understand the commentary). But if you don't have TVE, then try browsing through the foreign channels specially the European ones because one of them might just be broadcasting the competition. (I found another one just yesterday, RCTI, an Indonesian channel. They also broadcast the Euro 2000 and with English commentary. I'm still trying to find out though if their showing all the matches like TVE does)

P.S.
I'm not sure if the cable TV system here in the Philippines is the same as in the US so I might not make a lot of sense to you. In that case, ignore me! :)

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I don't get it. How can it not be televised in the US!? That sux! We have everything live here in Poland!:) BTW, what do you guys think of the games so far?

P

·
0 Posts
So far I've enjoyed the matches. I can't say I agree with some of those calls (Italy vs Turkey though I forgive because I think Italy played much better -- and the Dutch/Czech game...what a farce... Czechs' deserved that win).

The Portugal game against England was excellent! Way to go my Iberian brothers =)

Now, we will see if my beloved Spain will win tonight!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
That had to be dissapointing and it was!:mad: How could've Spain played so terrible? I don't get it:mad: Anyway the game - Yugo v Slovenia was awesome, I believe Mijatovic and Co. Can do it!!!:)

P

·
0 Posts
Believe me it hurt! Raul didn't seem fit. Respect to Mendieta and Alfonso who came out strong. Molina?!?!?! What happened?

I think Exteberria was generally ineffective though. That tie between Slovenia and Yugo sure was a luck break for us though.

Oh...Real....Here's some news: Karembeu has officiall left as of Monday.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You can also watch all the games in soccer bars which subscribed to Setanta Sport. Its $10 per game. You can visit http://www.setanta.com or call them (phone number is on the site) and find out if any bars in your area subscribed to Euro 2000. There are many soccer bars in California, but I don't know about Washington, D.C.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
To dwMB :

About the Indonessian channel, RCTI; they're cooperating with their sister TV, SCTV, in telecasting ALL the Euro 2000 matches. So, if you also get SCTV there in the Philippinnes, it's guaranteed that you can watch all the matches live!

And Pablo75: Holland didn't deserve to win, indeed! I'm still terribly upset.

Euro 2000 has so far gone well, in terms of the entertainment and the number of goals. However, strangely, things have been shaping up quite predictably : Italy, Holland and France through so far. Anyone surprised? I thought Euro 2000 is supposed to be so open that at least 14 teams actually stand a chance to win it! Ha! That reminds me really of Serie A this decade (excluding this season ;) ) where things can get so heated up, the scudetto race can get very intense, but at the end it's always either Milan or Juve. Aarrgghhh...

-- Nedved! in mourning :( :( :( --

P

·
0 Posts
Nedved: I think that the crap call for Holland really shook Czech confidence. I also thought they played a very solid game against the French. I'm sad to see them going down with 2 losses on what I think were two very well played games.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Well, yes Pablo75, at least it's a small consolation that many people also share the view that the Czechs deserve to advance. But there again, Group D is the death-group, even more horrible than in 96 where there were Spain,Bulgaria,Romania and France in the same group!

Please, even if the tournament finally ends up as expected, let there be still surprises...at least a surprise finalist against the would-be champions, perhaps?

-- Nedved! in mourning :( :( :( --

1 - 14 of 14 Posts