Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ciao everybody!

I've got a really frustrating problem that I really hope somebody has the answer to.

Here goes...

Whenever I try to follow the live audio commentary by Roberto Scarpini from inter.it I find the reception breaks up very easily causing Roberto to repeat himself rather like a stuck record would do on an old turntable if it became stuck! This makes it impossible to follow the game. I have the latest versions of Winamp and Windows Media Player installed on my PC as recommended at inter.it yet both are equally as poor as each other.

As I live in England where the coverage of Italian footy is limited I rely heavily on the live radio feeds both to practice my Italian and follow the Nerazzurri. Does anybody else experience the same problems as this?

If so, have they found a solution? Things particularly annoyed me tonight as I was trying to follow the exciting final few minutes after Cristiano Zanetti's goal had given us a glimmer of hope!

Look forward to hearing you replies

Thanx for reading

Andy x

·
Registered
315 Posts
Andy, don't worry you are not alone..

i do have the same problem as well as others i guess..

what makes it like that is because the stream wasn't low enough to be broadcast. since usually the minimum is always at 11,000 at 8khz.

since a lot of people are listening to it perhaps the bandwith are not big enough to handle teh listener..

perhaps this might help :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx aQuaiSm!

So it's not necessarily a problem with my computer then? There appears to be nothing I can do to improve the situation when I'm trying to listen to the game. Who controls the bandwidth/stream levels then? Is there anything I can do to change these to help my reception? I understand what you're saying abou the number of listeners as when I connected about half an hour before the game against Feyenoord the reception was excellent and I could enjoy the build-up to the match with interviews with Aaron Winter etc. However, closer to kick off it became a nightmare as the connection repeatedly failed - presumably as more people logged on for the commentary.

Tim, do you have a Windows PC by anychance or an AppleMac? I've heard that the reception through an AppleMac is much better.

Here's hoping one day I'll be re-united with an uninterrupted Scarpini...

Andy x

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Andy.

I used to have the same problem as u before, but I lived in africa.

I seriously doubt that it could be ur computer or the software that u are using, but as Aquaism correctly said the bandwidth that u as a user are allocated. Basically it comes down to ur Internet Service Provider that provide the bandwidth as well as the connection speed, for example, if u are a dialup user then u will have limited bandwidth, however if u have broadband or ISDN/ADSL/Cable then ofcourse u get lots of bandwidth. I know this might be an expensive solution , but u might be of getting a Cable or Broadband connection, but won't cost u as much as buying a new computer (pc or mac). Again, this is all my opinion, so it might not actually work. Good Luck, mate

Ciao

Rayhan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts